running gurobi with termination code 139.

Yihsu Chen

Aug 13, 2021, 7:08:20 PM8/13/21
to AMPL Modeling Language
any help will be welcome.

error running gurobi_ampl:
        termination code 139; core file written
%%%%%%%%%%%

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Checking ampl.mod for gurobi_options...
Checking ampl.com for gurobi_options...
Executing AMPL.
processing data.
processing commands.
Executing on prod-exec-6.neos-server.org
pcap [*] :=
1  150
2   25
;

Presolve eliminates 0 constraints and 20 variables.
Substitution eliminates 64 variables.
Adjusted problem:
130 variables:
        47 binary variables
        54 nonlinear variables
        29 linear variables
174 constraints; 576 nonzeros
        2 nonlinear constraints
        172 linear constraints
        33 equality constraints
        141 inequality constraints
1 nonlinear objective; 42 nonzeros.

Gurobi 9.1.1: nonconvex=2
outlev=1
threads=1
<BREAK>
 Error (2) in /opt/ampl/ampl -R amplin

AMPL Google Group

Aug 14, 2021, 1:32:05 PM8/14/21
to AMPL Modeling Language
The message "error running gurobi_ampl: termination code 139; core file written" indicates a low-level crash of some kind, such as a segmentation fault. The crash might be in the AMPL-Gurobi interface, or in the Gurobi solver.

Can you provide us with the files that you sent to NEOS, so that we can reproduce the problem and find a fix or workaround? The simplest way is to attach the files to your reply, but if that is not possible or you do not want to make the files public, let me know and I'll set up a private download link.

--
Robert Fourer
am...@googlegroups.com