收件人 Amigas Google Group
From Sister Alegría

We’ll move into Gloria’s old house in Limón.  It is still called Gloria’s house here in town.  She bought the land many years ago and had her house built there.  She moved to the USA maybe 12-14 years ago.  Later she sold it to the non-profit that supported Sor Leonarda’s orphanage.  During Sor’s years here, the house was used for classrooms.  Walls were altered; the kitchen sink and counter were removed; the bathroom sink disappeared.  Later, a poor family was permitted to live in the house, contributing their share of graffiti.  The house is, right now, a disaster.  Putting it to rights will take a while, but seems worth the effort.

Sister Confianza has gotten estimates for the windows to be repaired and restored ($300).  Next she’ll address the plumbing needs.  There is no running water; there is no sink; the septic tank needs a new top (at least).  One step at a time.

We considered renting a place either in Limon or Limoncito.  The owner of the most obvious place in Limoncito is out of cell phone range and has continued to be so for several weeks.  The one place in Limon that Sister Confianza looked at was not acceptable (including a landlady that I know too much about).

Gloria’s house, the future location of the monastery, is in a nice quiet neighborhood, across the street from the junior and senior high school, and has a large yard.  I have lived in that house for 4 months at a time when Gloria was still here.  We will feel at home there.

Of course, one of the hardest part of leaving one site to go to another is leaving a place that was soaked in prayer.  But Gloria was a prayerful person, so it is not quite so bad.

Bendiciones,

Sister Alegría

Attached: photos of front of Gloria’s house, and of the kithen space inside.

20220803_165043.jpg
20220727_102203.jpg
回复全部
回复作者