Help Wanted in Honduras

Amigas del Señor

Jul 23, 2022, 1:25:34 PM7/23/22
to Amigas Google Group

Please consider the following and share widely. Thanks!

Amigas del Señor Methodist-Quaker Monastery in Limon, Colon, Honduras is seeking volunteers!  Sisters Alegria and Confianza would love to share our life with you.  We welcome singles, couples, families, people of all orientations and identities.  Two at a time is particularly useful.  Interested folks should commit to one month minimum.

Specific job details and living conditions are flexible and depend on your interests and capabilities.  Work options involve:

·        Helping around the house

o       Cooking, cleaning, scrubbing laundry

o       Raising chickens

·        Helping with agroforestry

o       Planting and harvesting pineapples

o       Doing reforestation (including working with locals)

o       Expanding our forest garden

·        Helping the Sisters

o       Caring for Sister Alegria who has a heart condition

o       Accompanying one or both Sisters to the city for errands or medical care

o       Volunteering with local organizations

The Sisters have moved to town to better care for their health and be closer to resources, transportation and friends.  Housing options include staying in the house with the Sisters, living in another house nearby, or at the monastery in the countryside.  We’ll work with you to figure out what fits best for your situation.  Volunteers will have the opportunity to join the Sisters in their daily prayers, sing and make music, learn all about their chosen lifestyle living poor among the poor, and experience some of Honduras’s diverse culture.  Spanish language helpful but not required.

Sound interesting? Got questions?

Contact us by email:

amigash...@gmail.com

or WhatsApp: