Limon

Amigas del Señor

Mar 25, 2022, 3:14:01 PM3/25/22
to Amigas Google Group
From Sister Confianza

Sister Alegria and I came to Limon yesterday so she could get her IV iron treatment.  The IV drip went fine, but when she got up to walk two blocks to Amparo's house, she got lightheaded and actually fainted just outside the clinic. A man who was walking by picked her up "like a bride" and carried her back in.  We called a mototaxi to get her to Amparo's. Two more hours of feeling very unwell with some diarrhea, and then it passed.  She rested the rest of the day.  We'd packed in order to spend the night, so that was convenient.  The original plan was that I'd take the early bus to Tocoa to buy a new cell phone and a few other things, but instead we've stayed here, taking advantage of the electricity and WiFi to write emails, upload photos, etc.

If you can believe it, we received a few pieces of mail, for about the third time in the last year.  One is from April 2020, two from June 2021, one from Sept, and another two from December.  The mail system (which was always slow) got real messed up with COVID.  I stopped by the mayor's office to speak with Juan Ramon, former school superintendent and new mayor.  He is busy making plans for how to use his budget when some money shows up.  Every outgoing mayor empties the coffers before they leave.  The new mayor has plans to reroof the public health clinic, which leaks a lot and has critters in the crawlspace that eat the electric wires.  We agreed that he will contact a technician who will be able to install the solar power system for the laboratory when the new roof goes on.  The monastery will help pay for that installation, since the public health tech guy hasn't done it in the year since we bought the parts.

Juan Ramon also agreed to give us a lift home after lunch, when his driver goes out for another errand.  They will be by any minute now, so I'll get this sent off first.  Sister Alegria is doing much better.  We will continue to take care of her as well as possible. Thanks for all your prayers and financial contributions that help in that.

Bendiciones,
Sister Confianza