[ANN] Ubuntu packages for AMF

Scott Pakin

Apr 23, 2014, 12:16:33 AM4/23/14
to amf-device...@googlegroups.com
Ubuntu users: I just whipped up some Apache Mobile Filter packages for Trusty, Saucy, Quantal, and Precise.  These are available from ppa:pakin/other as libapache2-apachemobilefilter-perl:

apt-add-repository ppa:pakin/other
apt-get update
apt-get install libapache2-apachemobilefilter-perl

Enjoy!

— Scott

Idel Fuschini

Apr 23, 2014, 6:17:52 AM4/23/14
to amf-device...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much for your contribution

I.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "AMF Device Detection" group.

Colt!

May 20, 2015, 6:21:01 PM5/20/15
to amf-device...@googlegroups.com
Is this up to date? Thanks

Scott Pakin

May 21, 2015, 2:45:53 AM5/21/15
to amf-device...@googlegroups.com
On Wednesday, May 20, 2015 at 4:21:01 PM UTC-6, Colt! wrote:
Is this up to date? Thanks

Yes, it certainly seems to be.  The last release of Apache Mobile Filter on SourceForge is 4.03 (9AUG2013), and that's what you can find in ppa:pakin/other.  That PPA currently contains builds for Ubuntu Precise, Quantal, Saucy, Trusty, Utopic, Vivid, and—as of a moment ago—Wily.

— Scott

Colt!

May 21, 2015, 6:13:11 AM5/21/15
to amf-device...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Scott! I appreciate you, and all those like you, who make life easier for the rest of us.

Colt!

May 21, 2015, 12:22:29 PM5/21/15
to amf-device...@googlegroups.com
Any thoughts on this?

NOTE: Running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (Trusty Tahr) (PVHVM) on a Rackspace Cloud Server

Successfully added signing key:

$ sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 316A5030
Executing: gpg --ignore-time-conflict --no-options --no-default-keyring --homedir /tmp/tmp.70i4GtD0dG --no-auto-check-trustdb --trust-model always --keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg --primary-keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 316A5030
gpg: requesting key 316A5030 from hkp server keyserver.ubuntu.com
gpg: key 316A5030: public key "Launchpad PPA for Scott Pakin" imported
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg:               imported: 1  (RSA: 1)

Updated sources.list to:

###### Ubuntu Main Repos
deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty main restricted
deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty main restricted
###### Ubuntu Update Repos
deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty-security main restricted
deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty-updates main restricted
deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty-security main restricted
deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty-updates main restricted
###### Scott Pakin Repos
Errors on update, however:

$ sudo apt-get update
Ign http://us.archive.ubuntu.com trusty InRelease
Ign http://us.archive.ubuntu.com trusty-security InRelease
Ign http://us.archive.ubuntu.com trusty-updates InRelease
Hit http://us.archive.ubuntu.com trusty Release.gpg
Hit http://us.archive.ubuntu.com trusty-security Release.gpg
Hit http://us.archive.ubuntu.com trusty-updates Release.gpg
Hit http://us.archive.ubuntu.com trusty Release
Hit http://us.archive.ubuntu.com trusty-security Release
Hit http://us.archive.ubuntu.com trusty-updates Release
Hit http://us.archive.ubuntu.com trusty/main Sources
Hit http://us.archive.ubuntu.com trusty/restricted Sources
Hit http://us.archive.ubuntu.com trusty/main amd64 Packages
Hit http://us.archive.ubuntu.com trusty/restricted amd64 Packages
Hit http://us.archive.ubuntu.com trusty/main i386 Packages
Hit http://us.archive.ubuntu.com trusty/restricted i386 Packages
Hit http://us.archive.ubuntu.com trusty/main Translation-en
Hit http://us.archive.ubuntu.com trusty/restricted Translation-en
Hit http://us.archive.ubuntu.com trusty-security/main Sources
Hit http://us.archive.ubuntu.com trusty-security/restricted Sources
Hit http://us.archive.ubuntu.com trusty-security/main amd64 Packages
Hit http://us.archive.ubuntu.com trusty-security/restricted amd64 Packages
Hit http://us.archive.ubuntu.com trusty-security/main i386 Packages
Hit http://us.archive.ubuntu.com trusty-security/restricted i386 Packages
Get:1 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com trusty-security/main Translation-en [138 kB]
Hit http://us.archive.ubuntu.com trusty-security/restricted Translation-en
Hit http://us.archive.ubuntu.com trusty-updates/main Sources
Hit http://us.archive.ubuntu.com trusty-updates/restricted Sources
Hit http://us.archive.ubuntu.com trusty-updates/main amd64 Packages
Hit http://us.archive.ubuntu.com trusty-updates/restricted amd64 Packages
Hit http://us.archive.ubuntu.com trusty-updates/main i386 Packages
Hit http://us.archive.ubuntu.com trusty-updates/restricted i386 Packages
Hit http://us.archive.ubuntu.com trusty-updates/main Translation-en
Hit http://us.archive.ubuntu.com trusty-updates/restricted Translation-en
  404  Not Found
Err http://ppa.dogfood.content.paddev.net trusty/main amd64 Packages
  404  Not Found
Ign http://us.archive.ubuntu.com trusty/main Translation-en_US
Ign http://us.archive.ubuntu.com trusty/restricted Translation-en_US
Err http://ppa.dogfood.content.paddev.net trusty/main i386 Packages
  404  Not Found
Ign http://ppa.dogfood.content.paddev.net trusty/main Translation-en_US
Ign http://ppa.dogfood.content.paddev.net trusty/main Translation-en
Fetched 138 kB in 3s (41.4 kB/s)
E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
 I would bet dollars for doughnuts that the error is a mistake that I have made, but I would surely appreciate any insights.

Scott Pakin

May 22, 2015, 12:26:56 AM5/22/15
to amf-device...@googlegroups.com
On Thursday, May 21, 2015 at 10:22:29 AM UTC-6, Colt! wrote:
Updated sources.list to:
Where did http://ppa.dogfood.content.paddev.net/ come from?  This should read

###### Scott Pakin Repos

Instead of adding those manually to /etc/apt/sources.list, you can simply run

apt-add-repository ppa:pakin/other

to automatically create and add the correct lines to /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pakin-ubuntu-other-trusty.list.

— Scott

Colt!

May 22, 2015, 6:19:38 AM5/22/15
to amf-device...@googlegroups.com
Hi Scott,

These were copied and pasted from the "Display sources.list entries" section of your "Packages of others' code" page two days ago. However, I noticed that the links were updated to the correct ones yesterday afternoon and I did use those updated links to successfully use your PPA.

Thank you again.

Colt!

Aug 2, 2015, 11:32:15 AM8/2/15
to AMF Device Detection
Hi Scott,

Any thoughts on updating to v. 4.0.6 (apparently only available at CPAN)?

Idel Fuschini

Aug 2, 2015, 3:53:36 PM8/2/15
to amf-device...@googlegroups.com
Have you right, in this moment there is a problem on Sourceforge

I.

Scott Pakin

Aug 2, 2015, 10:20:57 PM8/2/15
to AMF Device Detection
On Sunday, August 2, 2015 at 9:32:15 AM UTC-6, Colt! wrote:
Any thoughts on updating to v. 4.0.6 (apparently only available at CPAN)?

Now that I know 4.0.6 exists, I packaged up the CPAN version for Ubuntu Precise, Trusty, Vivid, and Wily.  Let me know if you have any problems with the packages.

― Scott

Colt!

Aug 2, 2015, 10:36:51 PM8/2/15
to AMF Device Detection
Works like a champ! Thank you once again, Scott.

Facundo Farias

Mar 31, 2016, 5:56:28 PM3/31/16
to AMF Device Detection
You rock man! Thanks a lot!

Colt!

Apr 1, 2016, 11:33:23 AM4/1/16
to AMF Device Detection
@Facundo This is an easy way to install, but note that the package has apparently not been updated since August 2015 and is behind a version. If you install using this, which will put all of the files in the right places on your server, you may still want to then go back to CPAN to get updated version. Once you have the updated files, copy the relevant files over the previous version on your server. CAUTION: make sure you take note of the file permissions on the old files BEFORE you overwrite and after updating make sure you change owner/group permission settings to match what was on the old versions.

Scott Pakin

Apr 2, 2016, 3:00:59 AM4/2/16
to AMF Device Detection
On Friday, April 1, 2016 at 9:33:23 AM UTC-6, Colt! wrote:
@Facundo This is an easy way to install, but note that the package has apparently not been updated since August 2015 and is behind a version.

I just packaged AMF 4.07―that's the latest version, right?―for Ubuntu Precise, Trusty, Vivid, Wily, and Xenial.  Download from the same spot as before, ppa:pakin/other.

― Scott

idel.f...@gmail.com

Apr 2, 2016, 4:10:34 AM4/2/16
to amf-device...@googlegroups.com