AGU24 Session G002: Advances in the Generation and Analysis of Multi-Temporal High-Resolution Topography

David Shean

Jul 19, 2024, 3:58:26 PM (8 days ago) Jul 19
to Ames Stereo Pipeline Support

Hi ASP enthusiasts,

Do you love high-resolution topography? Are you developing innovative new methods to produce, analyze, and interpret high-resolution elevation change data? We encourage you to consider submitting an abstract to our interdisciplinary AGU session by July 31:

G002 - Advances in the Generation and Analysis of Multi-Temporal High-Resolution Topography

https://agu.confex.com/agu/agu24/prelim.cgi/Session/229501

Surface topography is a fundamental observation across many Earth science disciplines. Time series of high-resolution topographic data from satellite, airborne, UAV, and terrestrial platforms can offer a new understanding of natural and anthropogenic change, as well as the underlying processes driving those changes. This session seeks to highlight recent innovations and advances in the acquisition, processing, analysis, and application of multi-temporal 3D point clouds and/or digital elevation models (DEMs) from sources such as radar, lidar, and stereo photogrammetry (including SfM). We encourage contributions involving the application of machine learning to prepare, analyze, and interpret high-resolution topographic datasets. We also encourage submissions from early career researchers exploring new approaches and applications involving multi-temporal topography.

Cross-listed in Geodesy, Natural Hazards, Informatics, Earth and Planetary Surface Processes, Cryosphere

Conveners:

David Shean (University of Washington)

Christopher Crosby (EarthScope Consortium)

Ramon Arrowsmith (Arizona State University)

Mike Willis (Virginia Tech)

Chelsea Scott (Arizona State University)

2024 AGU session.png

--
David Shean
Civil and Environmental Engineering