stereo

Luis Santori

Nov 14, 2021, 12:01:58 AM11/14/21
to Ames Stereo Pipeline Support

Hello,

I have been working on trying to minimize holes in DTM's by creating a low resolution DTM and then mapprojecting images to the low resolution DTM and then running stereo on the mapprojected images. However, some times when after I run stereo on the mapprojected images I get barely any valid pixels. Does anyone have any idea why this error occurs?

Luis Santori

Alexandrov, Oleg (ARC-TI)[KBR Wyle Services, LLC]

Nov 14, 2021, 1:35:46 PM11/14/21
to Luis Santori, Ames Stereo Pipeline Support
I wonder how the images look after map-projection. You can overlay them in stereo_gui or you favorite GIS tool. Hopefully they look comparable.

How about the low-res DEM itself, does not look smooth, without holes and noise?

One can also try stereo with the original (unprojected) images and --stereo-algorithm 2.

Then, a lot of holes can be a symptom of the images being too different, perhaps.

The process should work, the issue may be your daata. You could also try a different dataset as well, before returing to this one.