lronac2mosaic.py with web SPICE

Matt Hutton

Oct 19, 2021, 5:29:54 AM10/19/21
to Ames Stereo Pipeline Support
Hi,

I'm fairly new to ASP and am trying to perform stereo on LRO NAC images. If possible I would like to avoid a large local download of SPICE data for the moment. I'd like to use lronac2mosaic.py to prepare the images but I notice that it runs spiceinit with the web=false option set. Is there some reason this program cannot use the SPICE web service? If I just change that option to web=true then it appears (to me...) to fetch the SPICE fine but I get "Error: No valid pixel matches found!" later. Here I'm using the pair M104318871 as in the documentation's NAC example.

Many thanks and all best,
Matt

Scott McMichael

Oct 19, 2021, 3:53:33 PM10/19/21
to Ames Stereo Pipeline Support
Which step are you getting that error in?  Are there any other warning messages leading up to it?  It may help to run stereo (instead of parallel_stereo) on a small matching region of the input images using stereo_gui.

Scott

Matt Hutton

Oct 20, 2021, 5:05:32 AM10/20/21
to Ames Stereo Pipeline Support
Scott, thanks for your response. I've been able to fix my problem by adjusting lronac2mosaic.py so it runs spiceinit (and spicefit) before lronaccal. It might just be me but running lronaccal on a .cub without SPICE was turning the whole file blank.

Matt