ASP for Earth Imagery in Mountainous and Forested Terrain

jmasse...@gmail.com

Oct 1, 2021, 3:01:58 PM10/1/21
to Ames Stereo Pipeline Support
Hello,

I know that generating DSMs of earth images in mountainous and forested terrain is not what ASP was designed for, but I have been working on creating a DSM from SPOT6 imagery in the Columbia Mountains in BC Canada as part of my graduate research. I received a lot of support from this forum in sorting out my specific issues and decided to write up at description of my workflow in case it could be useful to others.

My plan is to include it as a supplementary document in a peer reviewed manuscript that I am about to submit for publication. I thought I would post it here prior to submitting in case anyone is willing to take a look at it and provide some initial feedback. I was new to ASP when I started working on this project and am hoping to help other new users get up to speed faster for using ASP for this type of earth imagery application.

Attached is the word doc description of my workflow including some code samples. FYI, I am still working on the OSF repository for the code and data so the link is currently missing form this document.

Cheers,
John

Galena_PRA_supplement_DSM_production.docx

Alexandrov, Oleg (ARC-TI)[KBR Wyle Services, LLC]

Oct 1, 2021, 3:20:08 PM10/1/21
to jmasse...@gmail.com, Ames Stereo Pipeline Support
Hello John,

I took a quick look. Looks good. I know our tools do take time to learn and use productively, I am glad you got over those hurdles.

Once your paper is published let us know, and we'll mention it in our manual (we have a section on papers using ASP). And any thoughts about how to improve the documentation we have are also always welcome.

Oleg

Oct 2, 2021, 12:15:09 AM10/2/21
to Alexandrov, Oleg (ARC-TI)[KBR Wyle Services, LLC], jmasse...@gmail.com, Ames Stereo Pipeline Support
Looks good, thanks for putting it together!

Scott