problem running stereo_gui

Kriti Mukherjee

Jun 27, 2023, 3:44:18 AM6/27/23
to Ames Stereo Pipeline Support

Oleg Alexandrov

Jun 27, 2023, 12:23:16 PM6/27/23
to Kriti Mukherjee, Ames Stereo Pipeline Support
This is a tricky one. The gui did find what it needed, the "xcb" plugin, but could not even get itself started.

Are you able to load any other Linux gui from WSL from the same command line interface? Since you say you fetched ASP with conda, one can try to see if, for example, the "qview" program may start or not.

Not being able to connect to the display seems to be a more general issue than our gui. I never encountered this before.

I found the following resources, maybe you can try to see if they help.

They say one should first use export QT_DEBUG_PLUGINS=1 to get more details on the problem. Then one may need to install some library missing from your system, presumably.

Jordan Brown

Jan 8, 2024, 6:10:21 PMJan 8
to Ames Stereo Pipeline Support
Hello,

I had the same issue running stereo_gui and poked around for a while trying to fix it. First, I tried setting QT_QPA_PLATFORM=offscreen, which made the above-cited error disappear, but led to another one and then the process getting hung after saying "This plugin does not support propagateSizeHints()"...

And then, thinking I was just undoing what I had done, I set the above variable back to "xcb" as follows...

 export QT_QPA_PLATFORM=xcb

... and it seemed to fix the problem! Hope this works for you as well.

All best,
Jordan

Oleg Alexandrov

Jan 8, 2024, 6:59:31 PMJan 8
to Jordan Brown, Ames Stereo Pipeline Support
This is interesting. In stereo_gui the env variable QT_PLUGIN_PATH is set to find all plugins, and normally that should be enough.

This kind of error seems to be quite dependent on what plugins are usable with your GUI set up, and I have now way of reproducing this on my side. ASP ships the relevant Qt plugins (xcb, webgl, etc).