sfs exposure problem

dingxin liu

Jun 6, 2024, 8:05:26 AMJun 6
to Ames Stereo Pipeline Support
Hello, Oleg;
I am using SFS to optimise DEM, the camera model is a pinhole. My processing firstly generated a camera model based on cam_gen, then used mapproject, the processed image I stacked on the DEM that needs to be optimized, the image matches well with the base map DEM. Then found out that in the course of sfs processing:
SFS.png
The SFS didn't compute the image exposure. The final result shows no differences between the initial and the sfs-results(only the sfs-result looks smoother than the initial-dem but didn't add too much detail).
I want to ask how should I solve the issue and what causes this?

Thanks.

Oleg Alexandrov

Jun 6, 2024, 12:46:11 PMJun 6
to dingxin liu, Ames Stereo Pipeline Support
The fact that the mean image intensity over the DEM is zero means SfS could not project points from the ground covered by the image into the camera. But you say that mapproject works, so I don't known.

It is also important to have accurate Sun position information, but that would only have an effect for the reflectance, not for the raw image.

If you have a small dataset that can be shared privately I can take a look. I'd also need the exact command that you used.