Open data scientist and PhD positions at University of Zurich, Switzerland

Livia Piermattei

Apr 22, 2024, 2:37:50 PMApr 22
to Ames Stereo Pipeline Support
Hi all,

I am seeking a data scientist and 2 PhDs to join the new research group in Remote Sensing of Environmental Changes at the University of Zurich, Department of Geography, Switzerland.

The research group aims to develop novel open-source techniques and methods to quantify environmental changes and thus understand the spatiotemporal patterns of climate change impacts on the cryosphere, forestry, and geomorphology.

We aim to observe and understand related processes by combining multi-sensor satellite data with airborne observations, including historical images and upcoming ESA and NASA satellite missions.

The postdoc position is for three years (with a possibility of extension of another three years), while the PhD can have a duration of 3 to 4 years.

The application links for each position can be found below. Applications must be submitted through the online forms. For related questions, please feel free to contact me by email at livia.pi...@geo.uzh.ch

- Postdoc/data scientist position: https://jobs.uzh.ch/offene-stellen/postdoctoral-researcher-data-scientist-in-remote-sensing-and-photogrammetry/d9ec7691-d8a6-4763-ba20-5b486f1e8753

- PhD position 1: https://jobs.uzh.ch/offene-stellen/phd-unlocking-historical-aerial-image-archive-for-understanding-environmental-changes/8221af6b-8446-4481-b233-d35c989a6f9b

- PhD position 2: https://jobs.uzh.ch/offene-stellen/phd-investigating-earth-s-surface/637e54d7-2db4-4ea9-b8f0-4221ca3b54de

I am very much looking forward to reading your application and start building this new research group together!

Best regards,

Livia