SAVE THE DATE, SAT., AUG. 16TH

wthom...@aol.com

Aug 8, 2008, 1:07:23 PM8/8/08
to soldiersof...@googlegroups.com, american-a...@googlegroups.com
Hey, everybody!
A long time leader of the UAW oppositional  reform movement, Pete Kelly, now retired is in Detroit right now and would be available to meet with interested people in Flint on Sat. Aug. 16th.
Pete was President of L. 160, GM Tech Center. He was a leader of the United National Caucus and the Independent Skilled Trades Council – opposition groups that existed prior to New Directions. He then became a major leader in the New Directions Movement.
He was elected to the National Negotiating Committee at one point and was the only one to recommend as no vote. He also helped get the GM National Committee to vote against a contract.
He has been living in Florida for many years and has been out of touch, but is interested in meeting with new activists.
Bob Mabbit, Jason and Dean Braid are attempt to arrange a room on the Flint campus so we will get specifics to you shortly. Afte r we meet with people it has been suggested we discuss: what’s our next step, where do we go from here.
SAVE THE DATE, SAT., AUG. 16TH. SEE YOU THEN!
Questions? Call 313-892-7974. We will car pool from Detroit.
Wendy

It's time to go back to school! Get the latest trends and gadgets that make the grade on AOL Shopping.