Reminder - "Back to the Basics" UAW Rank and File Meeting in Flint Sat., Aug. 16th, 1pm

wthom...@aol.com

Aug 15, 2008, 5:43:01 PM8/15/08
to soldiersof...@googlegroups.com, american-a...@googlegroups.com

"Back to the Basics" UAW Rank and File Meeting in Flint Sat., Aug. 16th, 1pm

Michigan Room A in the University Center
See Below for directions.

A long time leader of the UAW oppositional reform movement, Pete Kelly, now retired is in Detroit right now and will meet with interested people in Flint on Sat. Aug. 16th, 1pm. In Michigan Room A in the University Center. in Flint. See attached leaflet. Pete was President of L. 160, GM Tech Center. He was a leader of the United National Caucus and the Independent Skilled Trades Council – opposition groups that existed prior to New=2 0Directions. He then became a major leader in the New Directions Movement.
He was elected to the National Negotiating Committee at one point and was the only one to recommend as no vote. He also helped get the GM National Committee to vote against a contract.
He has been living in Florida for many years and has been out of touch, but is interested in meeting with new activists.
Michigan Room A in the University Center (the same building, and basically same room as the last Solidarity School) For next Saturday August 16th at 1pm.
After we meet with people it has been suggested we discuss: what's our next step, where do we go from here.
SAVE THE DATE, SAT., AUG. 16TH, 1pm. SEE YOU THEN!
Also there is the "Back To The Bricks" celebration in Flint next week-end. Go to:

Questions? Call 313-892-7974. We will car pool from Detroit.
Driving Directions

Directions from I-69

  • Take I-69 to I-475 north to exit 8A (Longway Boulevard), approximately one mile from the I-475/I-69 interchange.
  • After exiting I-475, stay in the left lane to second light (Robert T. Longway-west) turn left over I-475 and another quick left onto Chavez Drive South( the I-475 service drive).
  • At the second traffic light, at Kearsley St., turn right into entrance to campus.
  • Immediately to your right is the UM-Flint Mill Street Parking Deck, which accommodates both visitor and student parking.
  • NOTE: The Mill Street Parking Deck is conveniently located for visitors to most campus buildings. The William S. White Building is located on North Harrison Street between the Flint River and Longway Boulevard and has limited mete red parking near the building.

Directions traveling north from Ann Arbor on US-23

  • Take US-23 north to I-69 east.
  • Take I-69 to I-475 north to exit 8A (Longway Boulevard), approximately one mile from the I-475/I-69 interchange.
  • After exiting I-475, stay in the left lane to second light (Robert T. Lonway-West) and turn left over I-475 and another quick left onto Chavez Drive South (the I-475 service drive).
  • At the second traffic light, Kearsley St., turn right into the entrance to campus.
  • Immediately to your right is the UM-Flint Mill Street Parking Deck, which accommodates both visitor and student parking.
  • NOTE: The Mill Street Parking Deck is conveniently located for visitors to most campus buildings. The William S. White Building is located on North Harrison Street between the Flint River and Longway Boulevard and has limited metered parking near the building.

Directions traveling north from the Detroit area on I-75

  • Take I-75 north to I-475 north.
  • Take I-475 seven miles north to exit 8A (Longway Boulevard). .
  • After exiting I-475, stay in the left lane to second light (Robert T. Longway-west) and turn left over I-475 and another quick left onto Chavez Drive South (the I-475 service drive).
  • At the second traffic light, Kearsley St., turn right into the entrance to campus.
  • Immediately to your right is the UM-Fl int Mill Street Parking Deck, which accommodates both visitor and student parking.
  • NOTE: The Mill Street Parking Deck is conveniently located for visitors to most campus buildings. The William S. White Building is located on North Harrison Street between the Flint River and Longway Boulevard and has limited metered parking near the building.

Directions traveling south from Grayling on I-75

  • IMPORTANT: SOUTHBOUND I-475 TOTAL CLOSURE - 8/7/08 - 9/30/08
  • Clike here for MDOT's I-475 Information Page
  • Post 9/30/08 'Traveling South' Directions:
  • Take I-75 south to I-475 south. Take I-475 nine miles south to exit 8A (Longway Boulevard).
  • After exiting I-475, you will be on Chavez Drive South (Service Drive for I-475).
  • At the third traffic light, Kearsley St., turn right into campus entrance.