Reminder: SAA session CFP "THE CURRENT STATE OF ARCHAEOLOGICAL RESEARCH ACROSS SOUTHEAST ASIA "

Alison Carter

Aug 26, 2021, 3:15:26 PM8/26/21
to AASEAA

Hi All
There are just a couple more weeks to submit an abstract for the 2022 SAAs to be held (in person??) in Chicago. As a reminder, Scott Macrae is once again organizing a session and I pass along his call for papers and session abstract below. There is still room for a few more papers, so please get in touch with him if you are interested!
I hope everyone is doing well
Alison

**********

Dear Colleagues,

I am happy to announce that there will be a third annual "The Current State of Archaeological Research Across Southeast Asia" session convened at the 87th annual Society for American Archaeology meeting in Chicago. We have had a lot of support and encouragement to continue the session over the years and with the return to in-person meetings this will be a great time to not only present our research but reunite with all our colleagues.

The session is looking for 3 more participants that represent the diversity of archaeological research across Southeast Asia.

If you are interested in participating, please email me at sma...@trentu.ca. Also, please do not hesitate to circulate the abstract among colleagues who might be interested. This has proven to be a great opportunity for both new and established scholars.

Below you will find the session title and abstract.

Best Regards,

Scott

Scott Macrae, Ph.D.

Adjunct Graduate and Research Faculty

Department of Anthropology

Trent University

sma...@trentu.ca

THE CURRENT STATE OF ARCHAEOLOGICAL RESEARCH ACROSS SOUTHEAST ASIA

From Myanmar to the Philippines, Southeast Asia encompasses a deep history with a wide set of cultures. Over the last few decades, archaeological research in this area has experienced significant advancements in terms of theoretical approaches, methodological developments, and archaeological discoveries. New and continuing scholars and field projects have been substantially contributing to an evolving archaeological dataset. In an endeavor to present the rapidly changing state of archaeological discourse, a collection of scholars will discuss the progression and findings of research within their areas of interest. In this fashion, a diversity of topics will be presented from recent archaeological fieldwork throughout Southeast Asia. This will also assist in a continued effort to encourage a flourishing community of developing and established scholars.