Fw: Re:Bronze Age Civilizations Conference

1 view

Charles Higham

Feb 28, 2022, 3:42:56 PMFeb 28
to AASEAA
Registration is open for this conference on the global Bronze Age, see below.
I will be giving a presentation on the situation in Southeast Asia in the light of the new discoveries at Ban Non Wat.
best wishes,
Charles

Charles Higham
Department of Anthropology and Archaeology
University of Otago
P.O. Box 56
Dunedin
New Zealand

From:  "Dr. Julien Charles COOPER"<julien...@uic.edu.cn>;
Date:  Fri, Feb 4, 2022 05:05 PM
To:  "jcmorenogarcia"<jcmoren...@hotmail.com>; "PMagee"<PMa...@ZayedNationalMuseum.ae>; "mv1"<m...@columbia.edu>; "lahi"<la...@unimelb.edu.au>; "lipschit"<lips...@tauex.tau.ac.il>; "mark.pollard"<mark.p...@arch.ox.ac.uk>; "hudson"<hud...@shh.mpg.de>; "charles.higham"<charles...@otago.ac.nz>; "c.mozdo"<c.m...@gmail.com>; "jaya.menon"<jaya....@snu.edu.in>; "m.radivojevic"<m.radi...@ucl.ac.uk>; "Aaron.DeSouza"<Aaron....@oeaw.ac.at>; "630590881"<6305...@qq.com>; "kinsumli"<kins...@hkbu.edu.hk>; "yasmina.wicks"<yasmin...@mq.edu.au>;
Cc:  "Dr. Zhan CHEN"<zhan...@uic.edu.cn>; "Dr. Georgiy GREBNYEV"<yegorg...@uic.edu.cn>;
Subject:  Bronze Age Civilizations Conference

Dear colleagues,

Thank you for sending us all your titles and abstracts, we really appreciate this. It is shaping up to be a very comprehensive conference, with a wide variety of regions and methodologies represented for the global Bronze Age.

We have drafted an initial conference schedule to this email. Could you please review the program and let us know as soon as possible if your presentation time provides any scheduling problems and double check your timezones are correct? If you have issues regarding the schedule we will try to adapt it as best as we can, noting the difficulties of scheduling across many timezones. We have endeavoured to put everyone in agreeable times for your local timezone while also grouping papers according to methodology. We believe grouping papers in such a manner will increase dialogue across various regional disciplines.

Please note the following: Due to the number of papers and difficulties fitting in myriad timezones, we have extended the conference to Saturday the 26th of March, so the conference will be two days long. We are hoping this does not provide any scheduling problems.

We would also like to remind those participants who have not yet shared their photographs to do so at the earliest convenience -- this is essential for the website that we are preparing to launch soon. It would also be immensely helpful if you could share an image that illustrates your presentation that we could incorporate into the publicity materials.

Finally, to those of you who celebrate the Spring Festival, let us wish you health and prosperity in the coming new year!

Best wishes from Zhuhai & please feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.

Julien Cooper
Yegor Grebnev
Zhan Chen