new review in the Turkish BULLETIN OF THE MINERAL RESEARCH AND EXPLORATION

Joyce White

Apr 18, 2022, 3:07:17 PMApr 18
to AASEAA, chureekamol onsuwan, Thanik Lertcharnlit, Surapol Natapintu, scot...@gmail.com, Viet Nguyen
Dear all,

ISEAA is excited to announce a new review of the Ban Chiang metals monograph suite in the BULLETIN OF THE MINERAL RESEARCH AND EXPLORATION published in Turkey in both English and Turkish. https://dergi.mta.gov.tr/article/show/2579.html . Archaeometallurgist Gonca Dardinez discusses the value of the monograph's method and theory for Anatolian archaeometallurgy and beyond. She says "the ultimate aim of the TAM volumes is to add to the current global discussion of the development of early metallurgy... Correspondingly, the volumes are a great success. Both the editors and contributors challenged and succeeded to debunk the conventional paradigm of prehistoric metallurgy..." Her insights and applications are greatly appreciated by Elizabeth Hamilton and myself, as we strove to bring the relevance of the Ban Chiang metals research into global discussions of early metals.

We are still aiming for a couple more “review essays” of the 4 volumes to target different audiences. Let me know if potential reviewers come to mind. I have a couple more journals to “entice.”

I also attach the new, spring ISEAA newsletter, for those of you who are interested and have not yet seen it.

Thanks everyone for your interest and support. It takes more than a village…

Joyce

Joyce White, PhD

Executive Director

Institute for Southeast Asian Archaeology

3260 South St.

Philadelphia, PA 19104-6324

215 898 4028

http://iseaarchaeology.org/