Friday Special ride report 8/5/22. Not so Lucky 7’s ride, July vacation snippets

Joseph Pitchko

Aug 5, 2022, 6:25:05 PM8/5/22
to ameliaisl...@googlegroups.com
Greetings from Amelia Island,
  I drove up to Super Corsa, and was hoping no one would show. One did show, RATS, I said to myself. Maybe I forgot my helmet, nope, damn. I guess I have to ride.  Who was it, in their White sunglasses? Who?
  What, unlucky 7’s? Yep, Dew point at 9 am @ 77, winds @ 7. Seemed like the wind changes on us on the way back to AI.
  As the ride went on, the body started to respond in a positive way. The mind followed. The previous days rides, not so much. I was still recovering from RAGBRAI.
   The body, liked the coolness of the Month of July activity’s. Mt Greylock metric century ride ( highest Mtn in Ma) COVAC century ride with Patti and G-Man, meeting up with old buddies, Smuggler’s Notch in Vt, a stop at G-Man’s and Linda’s ski house in Pittsfield then off to Akron Ohio to meet up with Teddy and Karen. We rode the Ohio and Erie Canal towpath. Think of it as a mini C&O.  Then off to RAGBRAI, 18,000 + riders signed up and bandits. Rode from Sergeants Bluffs to Lansing. 430 miles in a week.The best day was the third spray, 48 miles of gravel.  Met some last years friends from Joes bunkhouse. This year we had  LUX accommodations. Thanks to Donna working with Joes Bunkhouse.
   Kathleen and Peter, visited us Friday night, bringing 8 pints of Mikes Custard, watermelon and wine. Cool seeing them.
 4880 miles of driving, 94+ hours of driving. Glad to be back!
Next year is the 50th of RAGBRAI!

Joe P.