Tuesday Tour de Fish

Doug R

Mar 28, 2023, 5:14:40 PM3/28/23
to Amelia Island Cycling
The weather was iffy.  But if you rode you know it turned out fine.  22 folks showed up including Bill F visiting and Virginia D - good to see you both.  We went through our safety briefing ( more distance in case of wet roads) ( heads up in the construction area, narrow going north and John G reported that the flag men treat bikes like cars).  Started on time and off we went.  The groups dispersed in the usual way and all went well.  We got to chat with our ferry workers at the pavilion.  No there will not be a small ferry filling in till May.  Yes they like this time of the year.  One mechanical reported - a hook in a tire was removed and repaired.  I also got to see Kathleen doing her trail improvement clearing a lot of glass frags on the Fort George!

Tour de Fort April 16!  Going to be a great ride. Great Rides require great Volunteers.  If you can help with key positions needed please reach out to Amy Kahn.

See you next ride. Stay safe.

NFBC - 032823 Start1.jpg
NFBC - 032823 Scenery.jpg
NFBC - 032823 Start3.jpg
NFBC - 032823 At the Ferry.jpg
NFBC - 032823 Start2.jpg

John Ginn

Mar 31, 2023, 3:46:56 PM3/31/23
to ameliaisl...@googlegroups.com
One more ‘mechanical’.  Antoine suffered a flat tire just before Ft. George Bridge heading home.  Said it was his very first flat so he is now a member of a rather large, but not selective group.  Bill, Donna and myself helped him fix it while also providing a tutorial on how (Lee supervised and aided by staying out of the way).  Was a fairly large cut in the tire and tube, seems there is some maybe windshield glass in the lane before the bridge so keep an eye out.

--
www.AmeliaIslandCycling.com