Friday Special ride report 8/12/22 edition

Joseph Pitchko

Aug 12, 2022, 2:47:21 PM8/12/22
to ameliaisl...@googlegroups.com
Greetings,
  Yes, it was muggy out. Sweat index was a Ten in my book.
When one can, squeeze out their gloves and head band and make a
puddle, it’s a ten.  Someone said, their nipples were hurting from the sweat and abrasion.  From past experience I made nipple pasties from bandaids they looked like an  X.  Someone said, apply chamois cream. Would you get grease spots on your jersey? A&D ointment and Aspercream applied to a bandaid. Should remedy the issue.
  Who rode? DonnaP, GeorgeK, LindaK, RichW, MitzyB from Jax area,  JackS, TopGinn, JimH and me JoeP.

Yes, we got sprinkled on. I wanted to have a shortened stop to miss the drops. We succeeded.
 There was discussion who should pay up: NFBC Leader Trainee ( JimH) or the Trainers ( JackS or RichW)
Both had strong cases.
With the westerly wind, we averaged in the mid 19’s. Not too shabby.  No mechanicals, flats or accidents to report. Thank you very much.

Hope to see you all again real soon,

Joe P.

Susan Taylor

Aug 12, 2022, 2:55:09 PM8/12/22
to ameliaisl...@googlegroups.com
Band-Aid nipple pasties?  X marks the spot(s)???  I am laughing so hard I think I'm about to...well, I won't say because I am too much of a lady.  You-know-who is no gentleman.   And that chest-hair...ouch!

That's for the laughs, Curly Joe.  Keep 'em coming!

Christine

--
www.AmeliaIslandCycling.com

Joseph Pitchko

Aug 13, 2022, 1:01:32 PM8/13/22
to ameliaisl...@googlegroups.com
Very appropriate comic.

FYI, please shave before applying Pasties or you’ll be 😢 sorry!