Need Some Assistance / bases for feather flags

jtomassetti

Aug 8, 2022, 7:30:49 AM8/8/22
to Amelia Island Cycling
Dear Nassau County cyclists.

feather flag.JPG

The NFBC flag is a feather flag. We often shove them into the ground with a spike that attaches to the pole.  Of course, it is not possible to shove it into the ground when the surface is hard. There is a stand for hard surfaces but they are made for inside at trade shows.  The flags will blow over in the wind.

These stands will not work for the parking lot at the Rec Center for the Endless Summer Watermelon Ride.  I looked online and found DIY instructions for making a cement bucket feather flag holder. (The instructions are the attached PDF) This specific design allows the flags to spin around in the wind as they are supposed to.  We need eight (8) of these cement bucket bases for flags & signs at the ESWR.

We have about one month before the Endless Summer Watermelon Ride. Being a working guy, I do not have time to make these before the ride. I need one or a few of you working together to make these cement bucket bases for the ride (and future events).

The NFBC will pay for the supplies. Give me the receipts and you will be reimbursed. Once they are complete, I will pick them up in my van and store them at my house.  They will not be cluttering up your garage or yard. The attached PDF has the instructions.  Please use orange Home Depot buckets. They will be easier for cyclists to notice and avoid.

We really need these, so please help!

If you do not frequently use cement, it has a very high caustic pH and will burn your skin.  Unlike acids, you will not feel alkaline burns immediately so you might not think to wash it off quickly. Wear safety glasses and rubber gloves when using cement. The NFBC will also reimburse the cost of the safety equipment.

Let me know,

Thanks,

Jonathan
2022 NFBC President

feather base flag alternative base.pdf

Rich Wilcox

Aug 8, 2022, 9:06:58 AM8/8/22
to Amelia Island Cycling
I will work on the flag supports. Will need 1) some helpers, 2) hopefully someone with a truck to move 640 pounds of concrete mix, and 3) one flag base to verify the design. … Rich

On Aug 8, 2022, at 7:30 AM, jtomassetti <jtoma...@usa.net> wrote:

Dear Nassau County cyclists.

feather flag.JPG
feather base flag alternative base.pdf

John Ginn

Aug 8, 2022, 9:24:39 AM8/8/22
to ameliaisl...@googlegroups.com
Rich,

I can help.

John

--
www.AmeliaIslandCycling.com
<feather flag.JPG>
www.AmeliaIslandCycling.com

www.AmeliaIslandCycling.com
<feather base flag alternative base.pdf>

--
www.AmeliaIslandCycling.com

www.AmeliaIslandCycling.com

Jonathan Tomassetti

Aug 8, 2022, 9:36:43 AM8/8/22
to Amelia Island Cycling
Rich,

Thank you! If you can meet me at Home Depot on Tuesday evening after I finish work (I finish at 5 pm), we can buy the materials and then I can put it on my credit card. Then we can load it in to my van and I can deliver it to your house.  The later this week or next maybe you can round up some helpers.

We have not made any of these cement bases before.  The feather flags are in the NFBC storage lockers down in Jacksonville. So we can't get one to you soon.

Send an e-mail just to me to follow up.

Thanks again,

Jonathan

Jack Spanner