Tuesday Tour de Fish

Doug R

Dec 6, 2022, 7:58:10 PM12/6/22
to Amelia Island Cycling
As the fog cleared riders started rolling into Super Corsa.  We had 21!  Had a good safety brief and highlighted watching out for storm debris by spoonbill pond and the bike trail leading north into Little Talbot State Park ( updates below).  We started on time.  As usual I start a bit late making sure I have on my helmet and my watch is recording.  I was on the road only a few minutes and there was our trail angel Dan working with his bigger is better blower clearing off acorns and other hazards.  Good to see you out Dan!!  Over the south end bridge and workers clearing the north bound side debris.  Past the construction over Simmons creek and the bridge workers are hard at work there.  Just before Fort George Bridge  - big bulldozer clearing the sand on the trail!  Passed a few folks heading back north before I got to the Ferry pavilion.  There was a neat sight as the Petrochem Trader freighter passed by - Dolphins leaping in front of the bow wake!  Didn't capture one in my picture but that was cool.  7 went over to lunch at Safe Harbor.  It was a great weather day and we were some of the first in line which resulted in food coming right out.  We have a Happy Birthday shout to Donna but I could not load the video ( Tech Challenged)  We had time before the ferry left so extra time to say Hi to the local pigs.  Enjoyed the trail back into Little Talbot - good job workers!  I did not get any reports of flats or other mechanicals.  It was a great day all around.  Don't forget about the Chili Cookoff at Ribault this Sunday 11th.  Stay safe see you next time.

NFBC 120622 Start.jpg
NFBC 120622 Ferry Couple.jpg
NFBC 120622 Pig Petting.jpg
NFBC 120622 Ferry.jpg
NFBC 120622 Ferry Pavillion.jpg
NFBC 120622 Petrochem Trader Dolphin Dance.jpg