Monday March 27 Ride Report from Downtown Fernandina

mike...@bellsouth.net

Mar 27, 2023, 1:41:24 PM3/27/23
to ameliaisl...@googlegroups.com, shende...@outlook.com, nfbc...@nfbc.us

16 on the ride on a warm day.  Travis from Cincinnati joined us as Todd’s guest.  David was sporting a new Trek Ebike that allowed him to keep up with the fast kids including Ted, John, Peter, Hugh and Jim and it was a rare Monday appearance for Charlie.  Also joining us on Franklin St. was a large and beautiful corn snake.

Thanks to Dan L. for the park cleanup!  And to Peter and Kathleen, Annie and Allen for brat fest fish fry on Saturday!

Next ride Tuesday at Super Corsa, 9:00 AM.

ms

IMG_20230327_085346483.jpg
IMG_20230327_085314392_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230327_091355801.jpg
IMG_20230327_090719139.jpg
IMG_20230327_085324015_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230327_091348032.jpg
IMG_20230327_091351782.jpg
IMG_20230327_091354603.jpg

Susan Taylor

Mar 27, 2023, 4:47:59 PM3/27/23
to ameliaisl...@googlegroups.com, shende...@outlook.com, nfbc...@nfbc.us
That is a beautiful corn snake!  Hope it doesn't get run over by a truck or car--or cyclist.

Well done, Mikey.

Thanks,
Susan T

--
www.AmeliaIslandCycling.com

George Katras

Mar 27, 2023, 5:00:12 PM3/27/23
to ameliaisl...@googlegroups.com
Susan,

When we returned from DD Bartles, I doubled back to Franklin St (where was first observed) to see if he was OK.  He was right where we left him so I coaxed him into the brush on the south side of Franklin.

He didn't seem too pleased.  I guess he was still sunning himself and enjoying the warm pavement.

GK

Mar 27, 2023, 5:03:32 PM3/27/23
to ameliaisl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, George, for saving one of the good guys.  Corn snakes do love to sun on the pavement, and they do get run over a lot.  Maybe this one will figure out a safer place to bask in the sun.

Susan T