Amelia Island Main Beach Ride Report, July 13, 2024, Part One

Susan Taylor

Jul 13, 2024, 5:17:49 PM (14 days ago) Jul 13
to Amelia Island Cycling
Another hot July day!  Yesterday, the temperature in my backyard reached 102 degrees, with no rain in sight.  When I got home after today's ride..."just" 101 degrees, still no rain in sight.  Despite the heat and humidity, with not much of a breeze, 17 registered cyclists showed up at Main Beach to go for a bike ride.
Mike L, Donna P and several other riders said the NFBC app wasn't working this morning.  According to the online ride report (also attached), it looks like all were accounted for.  Please let me know if you don't see your name on the list.

Everybody was in good spirits, especially Jonathan, as today is his birthday.  We didn't check how many years he was celebrating, nor did we sing "happy birthday," so here it goes.  Happy birthday, Jonathan!  He is looking young and riding strong, so he's obviously living those years well.

Also looking exceptionally cute today was Donna in her full RAGBRAI kit.  Even her purple socks said "RAGBRAI."  I love everything about the jersey, especially the drawing of Donna's likeness--complete with long, dark pigtail--on the road again.  Let's hear it for Willie Nelson!  Donna and George are heading to RAGBRAI next week.  Donna is ready for the Iowa heat.  Is George?  Here's an article on heat-training for RAGBRAI:  https://ragbrai.com/ragbrai-training-turning-up-the-heat-on-ragbrai/

Attached are photos of a happy group of cyclists, ready to ride in some Florida-in-July heat.

Susan T
IMG_3903.JPG
IMG_3913.JPG
IMG_3916.JPG
IMG_3917.JPG
Amelia Island Main Beach Report, 7-13-24.pdf
IMG_3904.JPG
IMG_3905.JPG
IMG_3906.JPG
IMG_3908.JPG