Amelia Island Main Beach Ride Report, April 1, 2023, Part One

Susan Taylor

Apr 1, 2023, 5:25:59 PM4/1/23
to Amelia Island Cycling, Peach...@gmail.com
March winds, April showers, bring on May flowers.  April Fools Day:  we've still got March winds blowing out of the SW.  There's still no rain on the horizon--no tornado warnings either.  But there are zillions of spring-breakers, tourists, and the whole state of New York clogging our roads.  This too shall pass. Meanwhile, 17 eager cyclists showed up at Main Beach to go for a bike ride--caught by one more who showed up a little bit late.

As this was the first Saturday of the month of April 2023, today's passing of the helmet hauled in $101.00 Dollars for the Doggies--our way of thanking the Nassau Humane Society for all they do for lucky dogs and tired cyclists.  That means that since we started our little fundraiser in October 2016, we have donated a much-appreciated total of $8,450.03.  Thanks to all who have participated over the years.  Woof-woof (purr-purr).

Despite a headwind slowing some of us down on the 14th St Bridge, I had no reports of flats, mechanicals or other mishaps--other than some close-calls with oblivious drivers.  Be careful out there, y'all.

Susan T
IMG_0301-2.JPG
IMG_0311.JPG
IMG_0313.JPG