AIT Social Ride report

Ann Duncan

Mar 22, 2023, 7:03:53 PM3/22/23
to ameliaisl...@googlegroups.com
So-o…I just poured myself a G+T, ready to do the ride report, with fortification. Then Allen walked in with beautiful fresh pompano he caught at beach access 28. Allen has been wanting to catch pompano for quite a few years now. And I love pompano. So we’re grilling and enjoying, so this ride report will be brief!
We 11 members all enjoyed today’s ride. The weather was perfect! No mechanicals to report. We were glad to see John G back from skiing, though he reported he’s lost his bike legs! (I thought his legs looked just fine. )
Amy and I discussed start time for the social ride and agreed to keep it at 10 am well into April. Maybe until it’s really hot.

And a reminder! Please know you and your spouses/ family are most cordially invited to a brat roast and fish fry on Saturday. 2-6pm. Peter and Kathleen and Allen and me are your hosts. Come when you like (open house) and bring your favorite beverage. If it’s easy, bring chairs. And if you like, bring a salad or dessert. Bike, walk, or carpool if you can.
211 Benjamin St. Please do come!

Thanks,All, for reading.

Annie D

Sent from my iPad

Susan Taylor

Mar 22, 2023, 7:40:00 PM3/22/23
to ameliaisl...@googlegroups.com
Ooooh, do we get fried pompano on Saturday?  I hope not.  That would do a great disservice to a beautiful fish who gave his/her all.  Whiting?  That's a different kettle of fish.

We will definitely be at your crib on Saturday afternoon, marinated cabbage and Meyer lemon pie in hand.  Who cares about that.  We care about the fried fish and roasted brats...and friends.

See y'all sooner rather than later.  Thanks!!!

BTW, great job and thanks (once again) for leading today's ride.

Susan T

🚴❤

--
www.AmeliaIslandCycling.com