Spec docs moved to repo

James Burke

Mar 17, 2014, 5:40:45 PM3/17/14
to amd-im...@googlegroups.com
This amdjs-api ticket that asked for the spec docs to be tracked in the repo instead of the wiki:

It made sense, so I did some updates to the repo to store the documents:

You may also want to “watch” that github repo for notification of any issues that come in, as I expect some people are more comfortable filing smaller tickets than bringing them here to the this discussion list.

I kept the wiki pages that had the docs for historical linking reasons, but put links to the repo docs on them, and the repo docs are the correct ones if there is a difference between the wiki and repo.

So if you do end up modifying the repo, a nice courtesy would be to update the wiki document too.

For any issues that are filed, I think it is important to have 2-3 implementers agree on any changes by commenting on the issue ticket, and I will serve as any arbitrator that is needed, as I have been over the years. I am very much against changes as AMD use has been very stable, but fine with clarifications for vague things, or for future efforts to lock down drafty things like config or loader plugins.

That said, it is likely I will have periods where I am slow to respond to issues, which I think is fine given the stability of things, but just calling it out.

I probably should have used the repo from the start, but wanted something a bit more open. Although I think in practice it created some friction for smaller bug reports and questions, so hopefully this is an improvement.

James

John Hann

Mar 17, 2014, 7:39:22 PM3/17/14
to amd-im...@googlegroups.com
Definitely seems like an improvement to me, James.  +1 -- John