Sept. JDEI Meeting Canceled

1 view

Dawne Piers-Gamble

Sep 24, 2022, 7:04:14 AM9/24/22
to AMC WMA JDEI
Hi All,
I am planning to cancel our Monday JDEI  Night meeting in that we have the Speaker Series Presentation with Marinel de Jesus set for Thursday. Please promote this event! I am also including some other webinars that may be of interest. Let me know if you have questions or any things you want to discuss before our October meeting. Thanks, Dawne

September 27 from 2-3pm Women of Color on Creating a Safe and Inclusive Outdoors Social Media Toolkit

September 29 at 7PM join Marinel de Jesus for her presentation:  Beyond the American Outdoors: Equity and Inclusion is a Global Problem

From her early experiences as a hiker/backpacker in the U.S. grappling with the lack of diversity and inclusion in the American outdoors to her new role as a global mountain nomad and a social entrepreneur, Marinel utilizes the wisdom she gained as a human rights lawyer, woman of color, and an immigrant to design adventure/hiking tours worldwide. From this presentation, you will learn ways to cultivate an equity-driven mindset that will help you become an effective advocate. This event is hosted by the Western Mass Justice, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee.

October 12 4PM: Author talk about the book, Dreaming the Present: Time, Aesthetics, And the Black Cooperative Movement. Join author Irvin Hunt, Assistant Professor of English and African American Studies at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, to reflect on this story of art, movement building, and Black mutual aid.

October 27 7PM: In person or virtual Film Premiere “Legacy of Courage: Black Changemakers in Massachusetts Past, Present, Future” Virtual or in Person followed by a panel discussion on the importance of inspiring students through the study of Black activism.

It’s not too late for you to register to take advantage of the learning materials made available through AMC’s sponsorship of Primary Source.  ​How to Use Primary Source Info.pdf icon Sign up!