June JDEI Meeting Agenda

Dawne Piers-Gamble

Jun 27, 2022, 11:55:07 AM6/27/22
to AMC WMA JDEI

Greetings:

  • I am excited to share the news that we received the Mass Trails Grant for the accessible trail at Noble View! We will begin planning this summer/fall for a planned 2023 construction start. Looking forward to this project,

-Alex  Alexander DeLucia (he/him) AMC, Director of Trails

  • Dawne met with Mary MacDonald, she would like to be part of a panel discussion for Speaker Series with All Out Adventures and Climber Bill knows to discuss planning and accommodations for people with different abilities in November. Dawne will make the connections. Katherine has also made some preliminary connections with the following as potential speakers for 2023 *Emily Ford, Addie Clayton, *Miguel Reyda, Izzy Lazarus, *Elise Rylander

  • All Out Adventures, Kayakathon September 11, 2022 Kakayathon

  • Alice Flyte would like to present information she gathered from a presentation regarding trail use for people with different abilities. (10 minutes) Creating Trails for Everyone

  • Diversity Climbing Event overview (Bill)

  • Women’s Weekend overview (Dawne)

  • We will be canceling the June DEI Volunteer Committee meeting date; the next meeting is scheduled for July 26 at 7PM.updates and follow up on the discussion from last month: (Dawne)meeting notes

  • Willingness to use JDEI money to fund bilingual Story Walk and interpreter at Holyoke Heritage Park for Family programming?

  • IBrant asked to have a NomCom member specifically representing the JDEI perspective is a best practice. Kathy Martin declined her position. It is a 2-3 month commitment. These are the requirements of the position.

  1. Confirm with the current Secretary (Rosie Walter) and Treasurer (Jaclyn Jones) that they are willing to continue in their respective roles next year. This should be straightforward as I believe both are enjoying their roles and would be happy to continue. But the question needs to be asked.

  2. Discuss with the current Vice Chair (Jim Walton) whether he would step up into the Chair role. This is uncertain – I want to discuss this with you all live in a Zoom meeting to be scheduled.

  3. Develop a shortlist of people to ask. Just like last year, we will solicit leads from current ExCom members.

  4. Do a round of asking! (Email and/or phone)

  5. Evaluate any nominations that arrive (more on this below)

  6. Provide updates to the ExCom in July and August, and a final slate by the September 12 ExCom meeting.