AMC WMA JDEI meeting August 21 at 7:00 PM

Dawne Piers-Gamble

Aug 20, 2023, 9:03:30 AM8/20/23
to AMC WMA JDEI
Dawne Piers-Gamble<piersgamb...@gmail.com>
8:50 AM (9 minutes ago)
to WMA JDEI Steering
Hi All,
Hope yo are having a great summer and can make a our first meeting for the 3rd quarter of 2023, tomorrow night Monday, August 21 at 7:00 pm.
 I moved the date of our meetings to the third Monday of the month to avoid backup with the Interchapter DEI Meeting  and the WMA Chapter's Excom meeting. We will meet at 7:00 so as to avoid the the dinner hour. This will be the WebEx link for all of our meetings this year. P
I look forward to seeing you. Dawne
Meeting link:
https://outdoorsorg.webex.com/outdoorsorg/j.php?MTID=m6bf4629009ef4f0e68e24475aed324fa

Meeting number:
2598 118 5295

Meeting password:
7AXrBxmeq34

Join from a video or application
Dial 25981...@outdoorsorg.webex.com
You can also dial 173.243.2.68 and enter your meeting number.

Meeting password for video system
72972963

Join by phone
+1-650-479-3208 United States Toll
Access code: 25981185295

Global call-in numbers
https://outdoorsorg.webex.com/outdoorsorg/globalcallin.php?MTID=m11ac5c8e7874e1a194e7a1e2ca5b884f

This is what has been going on this summer.
● July 14, Collaboration with DCR and AMC WMA JDEI committee at Holyoke
Heritage Park, Hike like a Pro, (12 participants)
● July 22, Collaboration with DCR and the AMC WMA JDEI committee Holyoke
Heritage Park, Hike Like a Pro Excursion at Mt Tom,( 0 participants).
● August 4 Collaboration with DCR and AMC WMA JDEI committee at Holyoke
Heritage Park, Paddle Like a Pro, 14 participants
August 18,  Collaboration with DCR and AMC WMA JDEI committee at Holyoke
Heritage Park, Camp Like A Pro workshop.12 participants
* Why are we having poor turn out to family events????
● Deb Weisenstein and Dee Dice and I have volunteered with All Out Adventures
paddling events in July.
● I participated in volunteer training for paddling and cycling with All Out
Adventures in June/ July.
● In my role as AMC Interchapter DEI Committee Co-Chair and DEI Board
representative I have recently interviewed candidates for the position of DEI
Consultant to the AMC DEI Board.
● The Interchapter DEI Committee has worked on updating Trip Talk Cards to
include more inclusive language and practices.
● The AMC WMA & Women Outdoors Women’s Weekend 2023 is October 6-8, planning has begun. Wehave great representation from the WM chapter EXCOM August 18, 2023, We have opened registration with this invite “This is a women-only event that uses an inclusive
definition of women. We respectfully welcome all women including non-binary,
gender non-conforming, transwomen and individuals who identify as a woman as
the best expression of themselves.” Within the first two days we had 10 women
register.
● Requests for DEI Speaker Series presenters have been made. They include
Chaya Harris of Outdoor Afro, Unlikely Hikers, Joseph Pate from Hip Hop
Caucus and Wabanaki Reach so far.
Future Plans:
● Camp Like a Pro Overnight is scheduled for August 26th at Noble View
Outdoor Center and is open to all youth and their families. only one family signed up so it is likely this event will be cancelled.
● AMC WMA JDEI and Paddling were planning to sponsor two boats for ALL OUT
ADVENTURES’ Kayakathon, September 10th.