Stack too deep in size

Allan

Apr 10, 2008, 12:09:33 PM4/10/08
to ambition.rb
OK, moved away from deriving models fro subclasses of AR but still
having problems with Ambition.

>> ValRun.select{|z| z.suite == 'suite_name3' && z.test_status != 'PASS'}.size
SystemStackError: stack level too deep
from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ambition-0.5.2/lib/ambition/
api.rb:28:in `size'
from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ambition-0.5.2/lib/ambition/
api.rb:28:in `size'
from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ambition-0.5.2/lib/ambition/
api.rb:68:in `empty?'
from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.0.2/lib/
active_support/core_ext/blank.rb:10:in `blank?'
from (irb):2

Can't quite follow what's going on in api.rb since size calls
ambition_context.size and every other method that uses
ambition_context seems OK?

Allan

PS Is anyone supporting Ambition?

Chris Wanstrath

Apr 10, 2008, 12:13:11 PM4/10/08
to ambit...@googlegroups.com
I'll be working on Ambition next week as I prepare my talk for Goruco.
I haven't touched it since the latest release because I've been
working on GitHub. The site is launching soon, though, and I should
finally get some time to use the site for it's purpose soon: open
source stuffs.

- Chris

--
Chris Wanstrath
http://github.com/defunkt

Allan

Apr 17, 2008, 7:36:56 AM4/17/08
to ambition.rb

On Apr 10, 5:13 pm, "Chris Wanstrath" <ch...@ozmm.org> wrote:
> I'll be working on Ambition next week as I prepare my talk for Goruco.
> I haven't touched it since the latest release because I've been
> working on GitHub. The site is launching soon, though, and I should
> finally get some time to use the site for it's purpose soon: open
> source stuffs.

Good to hear it's not abandoned. Have you had a chance to look at the
issue (I believe it was also an issue mentioned in
http://groups.google.com/group/ambition-rb/browse_frm/thread/a8763d3abd7af18c)

Allan

Chris Wanstrath

Apr 25, 2008, 3:43:10 PM4/25/08
to ambit...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 7:36 AM, Allan <Allan.C...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Good to hear it's not abandoned. Have you had a chance to look at the
> issue (I believe it was also an issue mentioned in
> http://groups.google.com/group/ambition-rb/browse_frm/thread/a8763d3abd7af18c)

The `size` stack error bug should be gone. I've pushed the fix to GitHub.

- Chris

Allan

Apr 28, 2008, 5:07:03 AM4/28/08
to ambition.rb

On Apr 25, 8:43 pm, "Chris Wanstrath" <ch...@ozmm.org> wrote:

> The `size` stack error bug should be gone. I've pushed the fix to GitHub.

Yup, size error fixed in git repo. Will you be releasing a new gem?

Allan