Problem Solving Assessment Instrument

Dan Petrak

Aug 22, 2019, 4:10:30 PM8/22/19
to AMATYC-ITLC
I was wondering if anyone was aware of an assessment tool available to use with students to access problem solving in various math courses.  We have been in the process of creating our own performance based tasks to then tie to our Institution-wide Essential Learning Outcome of Problem Solving, but I am wondering if there are some instruments created by NSF or other agency.  It would be great to use an instrument tested for reliability and validity.  Please point me in a direction if you can.

Thanks,

Dan Petrak

Dan Petrak

Aug 27, 2019, 3:13:19 PM8/27/19
to AMATYC-ITLC
We do have our ELO rubrics, but I am looking for an assessment activity we could use to assess the Problem Solving Essential Learning Outcomes that has been tested for reliability and validity.  I guess the physics educators have something like this, but do you know of anything like this for math?  I have attached our Problem Solving rubric.
Problem Solving ELO Rubric.pdf