Revisions to the AMATYC Position Statement on the Proper Use of Technology in the Teaching and Learning of Mathematics in the First Two Years

Dan Petrak

Jun 4, 2018, 2:47:07 PM6/4/18
to AMATYC-ITLC
Thank you to the ITLC Position Statement Sub-Committee for the work we have begun to update this statement.  We have created a new draft of the statement and all are welcome to review and comment on it.  We will be meeting for 2nd time via Google Hangout on Monday, June 11th at 2:30 PM Central time to continue working on this position statement.  If you would like to join our discussion please email me and I will send you the invitation.

Dan Petrak
ITLC Committee Chair

Feldon, Fred

Jun 5, 2018, 12:18:31 AM6/5/18
to Dan Petrak, AMATYC-ITLC
Hi, Dan  --  Send me an invite, please Thank you so much. See you then!  --  Fred

Fred Feldon
Professor of Mathematics
Co-Chair Department of Mathematics
Coastline Community College
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
ffe...@coastline.edu

"It doesn't matter if my classroom is a little rectangle in a building or a little rectangle above my keyboard. Doors are rectangles. Rectangles are portals. We walk through." Kathi Inman Berens

Jun 11, 2018, 4:28:29 PM6/11/18
to AMATYC-ITLC
We had a very productive session today and Draft 3 is now open to commenting (link below).  Please take a look if you are able.  We will be meeting again on Monday, June 18th from 12:30 to 1:30 PM Central time.  Contact me if you would like to attend.

Dan Petrak

Jun 18, 2018, 2:17:49 PM6/18/18
to AMATYC-ITLC
The Position Statement subcommittee met again today and we believe we have a draft to move forward to the editor and to the board for approval as minor changes.  Feel free to offer comments to this draft if you would like.  Thank you to everyone who contributed to updating this position statement.

Sophia Georgiakaki

Jun 18, 2018, 2:47:15 PM6/18/18
to Dan Petrak, AMATYC-ITLC
The AMATYC board will meet virtually in July. I have until this Friday to submit a motion for consideration of this position statement, as it has already been presented once to the board. I will have tome to look at it after Wednesday night.  I hope we can move it forward in the summer.
Sophia Georgiakaki
ITLC Committee Liaison

Barbara Illowsky

Jun 18, 2018, 5:17:12 PM6/18/18
to Dan Petrak, AMATYC-ITLC
Hi, Dan,
Thanks. The statement looks terrific. Thanks to you and the committee for all your great work.

Have a great day!
Barbara Illowsky, PhD
Chief Academic Affairs Officer, CCC Online Ed Initiative (OEI)
@DrBSI

Hear my name: https://name-coach.com/barbara-illowsky

2013 International Educator ACE Award for OpenCourseWare Excellence, Open Education Consortium

"Learning is not attained by chance; it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence."

-- Abigail Adams, 1780