Mobility Policies

Jon Oaks

Oct 19, 2019, 1:41:19 PM10/19/19
to AMATYC-ITLC
Hi everyone,

My college is looking at revising our policy on mobility (moving from one course to another once the semester has started). If your college has a policy, and you're willing to send it along to me, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jon

Jon Oaks (백승찬)
Professor of Mathematics
AMATYC Midwest Regional Vice President

George Hurlburt

Oct 19, 2019, 3:59:16 PM10/19/19
to AMATYC-ITLC

Our current policy is that during the first week of classes, students can add any class.  After the first week, students need to get instructor permission to add a class.
Before this semester, our policy was that once classes have started, the student needed instructor permission to add a class.  Opening it during the first week was a mandate by our Provost which wasn’t very popular.

Students can drop a class during the first week with no record of the class on their transcript.  After that, they can withdraw with a W at any time before 60% of the class is completed.  The 60% rule can be confusing because we have classes that start at different times throughout the semester.

George

George Hurlburt

Professor of Mathematics

SUNY Corning Community College