最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

Harald Sitter

未読、
2007/09/16 17:47:422007/09/16
To: amarok...@googlegroups.com
On Saturday 15 September 2007 22:01:55 you wrote:
> Hi there,

Ahoy!

> I found your recent request for help with Amarok Radio to be quite
> provoking and would like to see if there is someway which I can be of
> assistance. I believe I have a decent set of musical aesthetics and can
> contribute some organized works for this project. It would be
> interesting to learn more about the how and what of this project.

A information page would be handy I guess ;-)

Well, Radio Anorak is supposed to be the Amarok team radio, meaning it's
featuring live shows from various team members as they happen to have time
and are in the mood to share their favorite music. It also will get a skype
show, where devs talk about latest development or what currently is going on
in the Amarok world (this also will make up the Radio Anorak podcast). Of
course Anorak also aims to promote free music (though we probably also will
play commercial music - as soon as someone sorted the licensing stuff - and
only partly, since the idea is to promote free music, hence increasing it's
amount and quality, so that we can completely drop the commercial stuff at a
certain point in distant future).

So far about the vision :)
From the technical view, we are using Icecast for streaming, and Ices2 running
a 24/7 playlist located on the server, which is only containing free music.
For the average live shows we pointed out that idjc is a quite decent
solution (at least until we found no proper solution to directly stream from
Amarok), it also provides access to skype which tends to be important for the
podcast thingy.

The free music archive on the server can be easily extended using scripts to
fetch albums from Jamendo and Magnatune (Magnatune actually provids free
access for Anorak). It probably can be used via SSH+FUSE for live shows as
well (didn't try it yet though).

The service itself will probably reside at radio.getamarok.com (current test
platfrom is http://radio.getamarok.com:8000). We also got an irc channel,
#amarok.radio on irc.freenode.net.

Well, that's what pops into my mind right now, got any specific questions?

--
Harald Sitter
Amarok team Project Manager Mail: har...@getamarok.com

全員に返信