Fwd: radio anorak

Harald Sitter

Sep 16, 2007, 5:47:56 PM9/16/07
to amarok...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded Message ----------

Subject: radio anorak
Date: Samstag 15 September 2007
From: Jan Tönjes <jan.t...@web.de>
To: har...@getamarok.com

hi,

i could sponsor bandwith and mirror radio anorak. i have unlimited bandwith
100mbit fibre-channel connected here...

if you are interested, just contact me :-)

greetings,

jan

aa...@getamarok.com

Sep 16, 2007, 7:38:22 PM9/16/07
to Radio Anorak
Hi :-)

We would certainly be interested. What kind of hardware could you
provide, or would we have to provide our own? Also, what is the
location and do you know of any local webradio licensing laws?

Thanks :-)

On Sep 16, 2:47 pm, Harald Sitter <har...@getamarok.com> wrote:
> [...]

prego

Sep 17, 2007, 2:54:45 AM9/17/07
to aa...@getamarok.com, amarok...@googlegroups.com
Hi! :-)

I am answering now from that mailaddress, cus I joined your discussion group
using this address...

Am Montag 17 September 2007 01:39:56 schrieb aa...@getamarok.com:
> What kind of hardware could you provide, or would we have to provide our
> own?

Well, our webserver is a dualprocessor dualcore xeon 2,8ghz and 2gb ram. It
has many unused capacities and I am trying to give it something to do.
Mirroring radio anorak would be a good job i.e.

I could set up shoutcast i.e. and mirror.

It is no problem, if you would like to provide your own hardware, to host it
here for free.

> Also, what is the location

I am located almost in the middle of Germany, the nice student town Göttingen.
I am responsible for a huge number of students-internet-access, and the
webserver - as well as your own if you decide so - is standing in our
serverroom. We are connected to the outer world through multimode fibre
channel 100Mbit, but we will have 1GB soon.. Unlimitid bandwith..

> and do you know of any local webradio licensing laws?

German law, no clue, nothing to do with it... I can simply provide the
bandwith or a permanent IP for a server...

Greetings,

Jan :-)

Aaron Krill

Sep 17, 2007, 3:20:49 AM9/17/07
to amarok...@googlegroups.com
On 9/16/07, prego <pr...@pregos.info> wrote:

Hi! :-)

I am answering now from that mailaddress, cus I joined your discussion group
using this address...

Am Montag 17 September 2007 01:39:56 schrieb aa...@getamarok.com :
> What kind of hardware could you provide, or would we have to provide our
> own?

Well, our webserver is a dualprocessor dualcore xeon 2,8ghz and 2gb ram. It
has many unused capacities and I am trying to give it something to do.
Mirroring radio anorak would be a good job i.e.

I could set up shoutcast i.e. and mirror.

It is no problem, if you would like to provide your own hardware, to host it
here for free.

This would probably be what we would choose to do, but I'll have to discuss it with the others.

> Also, what is the  location

I am located almost in the middle of Germany, the nice student town Göttingen.
I am responsible for a huge number of students-internet-access, and the
webserver - as well as your own if you decide so - is standing in our
serverroom. We are connected to the outer world through multimode fibre
channel 100Mbit, but we will have 1GB soon.. Unlimitid bandwith..

This is awesome! About what percentage of your 100Mbit is used right now? How much would we be allowed to use? This information would be needed to figure out how many listeners to allow on your connection :-)

> and do you know of any local webradio licensing laws?

German law, no clue, nothing to do with it... I can simply provide the
bandwith or a permanent IP for a server...

We actually found out about this from a guy on IRC named Mez. The info about it is on the discussion group

Greetings,

Jan :-)

Cheers, Aaron

prego

Sep 17, 2007, 9:05:03 AM9/17/07
to amarok...@googlegroups.com, Aaron Krill
Hi!

Am Montag 17 September 2007 09:20:49 schrieb Aaron Krill:
> This would probably be what we would choose to do, but I'll have to discuss
> it with the others.

Ok, I will wait for your decision then...

> This is awesome! About what percentage of your 100Mbit is used right now?
> How much would we be allowed to use? This information would be needed to
> figure out how many listeners to allow on your connection :-)

I'd say: Use it as you like, if we get trouble because of massive use of
bandwith of your server, we need to think about a limit... When we will have
gigabit, no prob anymore...

> We actually found out about this from a guy on IRC named Mez. The info
> about it is on the discussion group

I won't care about stuff like that, thats your business :-) I have no clue
regarding that things, please inform me if there is somerthing I need to
worry about...

Greetings,

Jan :-)