Re: info?

Martin Meredith

Oct 1, 2007, 4:01:18 PM10/1/07
to amarok...@googlegroups.com
Hi there Simon!

Radio Amarok is still in it's research and Development phase, we're
currently recruiting staff, and also hoping to get agreements with bands
for us to be able to play there stuff.

As you may or may not know, Radio Amarok is a station dedicated to
"free" music, being affiliated with Amarok (KDE/Linux's premier Music
Player) means that we are striving to air the best free content around.

This currently means that the only artists we are accepting to play are
people who are willing to do one of the following.

- Release their music under a CC (Creative commons) licence that allows
us to broadcast/dub without any Royalty Fees
- Sign a "Royalty Free" agreement between the artist and Radio Amarok to
allow Radio Amarok use of the works in perpetuum, royalty free
- Sign with Magnatune's Record Label (http://www.magnatune.com/)

For unsigned bands, the best bet will always be to sign with Magnatune
(with whom we have an agreement) - this not only allows Radio Amarok to
air your work, but also gets the unsigned bands "signed" with all the
benefits of a record company (see
http://www.magnatune.com/info/whatwedo)

If you're interested in working with us, we do have a position open for
a Content Appropriator.

Details:

An Radio Amarok Content Appropriator will be responsible for obtaining
new content for Radio Amarok. Duties include:

* Contacting studios and independent artists to request free
music.
* Speaking with project and application developers about
"talkshows" and "livechats".
* Work with advertising clients on getting appropriate advertising
content for Radio Amarok.
* Find new music at Jamendo and Magnatune

Obviously, your work would come under the first bullet mainly, but there
may be other work you can do for us.

So, if you're interested in either your band(s) working with us, or
helping us find more bands, then please feel free to get in contact with
me, either by reply email, or via IRC (irc.freenode.net #amarok.radio)

Kindest Regards,
Martin "Mez" Meredith
Radio Amarok Assistant Manager

CC: Radio Amarok Mailing List