Long Live

Aman Biradari

Apr 17, 2018, 12:41:35 PM4/17/18
to amans...@googlegroups.com, friends of aman biradari group, aman biradari staff, dil se project management team, “ces-team@googlegroups.com”, zafar eqbal, shafaque jauhar, Jasmeet Khanuja, Srijit Ghosh, aman biradari friends group, aman yuva, <sankaranresearchteamces@googlegroups.com>, Divya Murali

Dear friends and comrades,

In recent months, we have seen many statues felled by right-wing mobs. It is significant whose statues are chosen for desecration – Periyar, Ambedkar, Maulana Azad and Lenin. The assaults on these statues are accompanied by hate attacks, from Kathua to Unnao, from Bengal and Bihar to Uttar Pradesh, and across the land. At the heart of these assaults are a war against our constitutional morality.

However as history teaches us that statues may be felled, but the ideas of justice and equality stand. The ideas that each of these political warriors fought for stand tall today, and we need to affirm these even more to fight hate and defend the values of our constitution. We, Citizens of Delhi, thought therefore we would organize an evening to affirm our resistance.

We have called it Long Live: Statues Can Fall, Ideas Do Not. Please see the attached invitation.

This will be at the Ummeed Aman Sneh Ghar at Mehruali, opposite the Qutb Bus Stand, from 7 pm onwards on Saturday 21 April 2018. We will also organize kebabs and vegetarian food on payment.

It would be lovely if you could please join this evening to affirm our solidarity and resistance.

Kindly send your confirmations to anamika mishra anamik...@gmail.com; or Ovais Sultan Khan india...@gmail.com

Zindabad! Long  Live!

Seema Mustafa, Prabir Puryakastha, Shabnam Hashmi, Githa Hariharan, Apoorvanand, Ovais Sultan, Harsh Mander and Citizens of Delhi

​

--
Aman Biradari,
105/6-A, Adhchini, Aurobindo Marg, New Delhi - 110017 | 011-26535961/62

"Whenever you are in doubt, or when the self becomes too much with you, apply the following test. Recall the face of the poorest and the weakest man [woman] whom you may have seen, and ask yourself, if the step you contemplate is going to be of any use to him [her]. Will he [she] gain anything by it? Will it restore him [her] to a control over his [her] own life and destiny? In other words, will it lead to swaraj [freedom] for the hungry and spiritually starving millions? Then you will find your doubts and your self melt away." - MK Gandhi, 1948

Aman Biradari Video | http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhA81PWJYE8

21st April 2018 POSTER (4).jpg