BOOK LAUNCH: 'No Land! No House! No Vote!', 5th May, 17h30 @ AIDC, 129 Rochester Rd, Observatory Cape Town

Mark Weinberg @ AIDC

May 1, 2011, 3:49:47 AM5/1/11
to amandl...@googlegroups.com
Happy May Day!

Please join us this Thursday (5th May, 17h30 @ AIDC, 129 Rochester Rd, Observatory, Cape Town) to launch 'No Land! No House! No Vote!' - an anthology of writing by the comrades of the Symphony Way struggle.

Amandla!
Mark.

No Land! No House! No Vote!

Voices from Symphony Way

on our upcoming elections

Join us to hear and talk about this unique anthology of 45 factual short stories written by the controversial Symphony Way Pavement Dwellers from Delft and with a Forward by Raj Patel.

The authors from Symphony Way will be there to discuss their struggle for land, housing and dignity and how that struggle taught them a lot about electoral politics. They will be explaining why many of them will not vote in the elections on the 18th May.

Date: 5th May 2011 -- Time: 5:30 for 6pm

at Alternative Information Development Center

129 Rochester Rd in Observatory, Cape Town

Entrance is free. Copies of the book will be available to buy.   RSVP to No...@aidc.org.za 021 4472525

--

No Land! No House! No Vote! Voices from Symphony Way (2011).  You can get it direct from the publisher or on Amazon.
When they evicted us, I just lost it. Those same policemen couldn’t arrest my child’s murderer, but they can kick us poor people out of the only houses we have… - Symphony Way resident

--
Mark Weinberg
t 0214472525

Symphony_Way_AIDC-5May.jpg