Itunes Windows 7 32bits

Waltruda Monie

Jun 30, 2024, 10:34:13 AM (2 days ago) Jun 30
to alulanra

So normally I wouldnt have any sort of problem installing a wine program, that is until a ran across the latest itunes installer. When I run it, it explains how I don't have windows 7 service pack 1 installed. Does wine have a configuration where I can change which system the apps are emulating under? Thanks and regards,Thomas

If you turn on the Autorun option, iTunes is not set to first run automatically. In this case, you run iTunes from its desktop icon.I think that the Autorun option is a bit dangerous, so test that iTunes is working first, then reinstall it enabling Autorun.

I also explained this procedure in this YouTube video, and in this post on the Japanese Ubuntu forum. I think iTunes 12.7 is a bit unstable on Ubuntu 16.04, but I made a videoof my test of iTunes12.7 32-bit and how to install for Japanese.

I have a laptop and have just installed windows-7 64bit after removing Vista 32bit. Of course my iPhone was not recognised in the newest version of iTunes 64bit and I have tried to get it work through your prescription above but I do not succeed. When I look at the driver under USB-controllers, Apple Mobil Device USB Driver, I find only this driver files: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\usbaapl64.sys and C:\Windows\System32\usbaaplrc.dll.
Do you have any solution? Are the drivers wrong? What with the Registry?

I tried this. I have windows 7 64-bit. and its to the point where it upsets me to tears. it would really make me happy if someone could expirement and figure it out. also if you could find a way without the use of another comp. it would be good.

Just wanted to say thank you!!! I was getting the blue screen of death all morning. I uninstalled Itunes several times without thinking that it was a driver issuse. I had this working since Jan and I switched over to the 64 bit os. I did follow your instructions to a tee and so far no blue screen and no crashes. I bookmarked your site for future problems.

Dear Aurelius, I have followed every single step you have mentioned but still not ok. When I open my computer directory, I can see the iphone logo, but once I enter the itunes, it said I have to upgrade the AMD. F.Y.I, I am using the 9.11 itunes with a 32 bit win 7

I followed your instructions, and I get a different error now: iTunes requires a newer version of Apple Mobile Devie Support. Please uninstall both Apple Mobile Device Support and iTunes, then install iTunes again. Did I do something wrong?

So this doesnt work for 9.2?
I cant belive apple.
I honestly think its a plot to get people to buy a mac insted.
Why not just fix it and have happy people who buy your ipods insted of pissed people???

does it work in Windows XP?? the thing is.. my problem is not exactly the same, when i open iTunes and connect my iPod Touch 2G it says, that apple mobile device hasnt started. So i go to services and try to open it manually, it tries to open but when it finshes it says it opened and then closed again because some apps close when they have nothing to do.

I have tried your latest files and they do not seem to work for me. When I install iTunes 9.2 and run through your steps, I get as far as the device manager driver install. The OS says that I already have the latest version and does not install the one from the directory.

I would first try looking for the drivers in the 2nd folder location mentioned above. If you can install the driver it might repair the problem. If not then try the uninstall process and then reinstall and use the files to fix things, making sure you check for the Drivers folder again.

ive got a windows vista 32 bit, did everything you said,and still when i connected my ipod and out it in recovery mode, itunes didnt recognize it,and windows asked me once again to install the apple mobile device. help pleaseeee

hi
it did not work for me.
I did al you steps with 64 bit windows 7 but now my itunes is telling me: the necessairy software is not available. please uninstall itunes and install the 64 bit version. (i translated it from dutch).
i really dont know what to do anymore. uninstalling and reinstalling does not work, i really need to sync and i dont care if i lose all my stuff on my iphone.
im scared that the programs i put in the register do not work. how can i get them out again?

Worked fine, except:
1. AMDS program does not show up as an installed program using program manager.
2. I cannot install mobileme control panel for windows. It gives an error message about requiring AMDS

I updated the driver Apple USB driver. It corrected any conflict with the MS Portable device driver. The version of the MS iPhone driver I have is 6.1.7600.16385. If you have the correct driver in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\drivers (mine are dated April 19, 2010) then I think, not absolutely sure, but I think it will fix the problem.

Your solution was perfect! I followed your instructions and it worked great. My only glitch was for some reason when I tried to unzip this to the location 32-Bit: Unzip to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple it would not let me so I just unziped it to my documents which created the folder which I just copied to the right location. Thanks for sharing the solution!

oh yeah, also,
after this if it works, will i lose all my data? (apps, music, videos, etc)
will everything be the same as before except its not a digital camera anymore? because i dont want to lose ANYTHING. i just dont want my itouch detected as a stupid digital camera ?

Tonite I discovered that using the using the amds software for iTunes 9.2 that you posted here works with iTunes 10.0 (at least did for my iPhone 4). I thought it might complain about the version when I docked my phone but it did not and I was able to upgrade the phone to iOS 4.1.

Same problem here. Windows Vista and could not install itunes update. I was using Avast virus program. The Apple tech had me disable the program (actually remove it) and that solved the problem for me. It is worth a try.

This was a last resort, very apprehensive about doing anything with the registry. So far, so good. As soon as I followed your very complete instructions, and rebooted, then started ITunes and plugged in the Ipod Touch, it recognized it in Devices, with no errors. Thank you so much for your help!!!!!

I`m soo close. No more error messages but itunes is not recogonizing my device. For the 1st time I have a AMD USB DRIVER LISTED in my Universal Serial Bus Controllers but it has a little yellow triangle warning me about the windows digital signature and possible malicious software.

cannot follow step 6 because since doing all of this my device no longer shows up (or makes any noise when connected) anywhere. It used to be in portable devices and now its gone.
step 6 says if your device is already listed under USBS go to step 7. under USBS my device is not listed but Apple Mobile Device USB driver is listed with the triangle. I`ve tried up dating that software with no luck.

I know so fustrating. I`ve searched every forum. This was the closest as I have the exact same error as at the top of this post. And this is the closest I`ve been. One thing I notice is my driver is a usbaapl64.sys instead of a usbaapl64.inf might you know why?

Now it is saying that
THE iPhone can not be used because Apple mobile Device service is not started.
(NOTE* i have tried to START through Services but its giving error, i even reinstalled itunes )
PLZ PLZ PLZ
HELP

hi, this was brilliant and worked. But the next time i booted up my computer it has happend again..? Help if possible. Pretty sure there is something random going on because everytime i boot up itunes it changes the colour of the bottom nav bar of the computer..?

Hi i keep on getting errors for all the files once i unzip them into the apple folder. Does anyone know why this is? The error says that the file cannot be created for each and every one of the files. Thanks

Never mind guys it just started working! Thanks for all the help Jim and Aurelius! I have been without new music for a month! And just for the record i was not able to unzip because the apple folder was set to read only.

Hey I looked for the mobile device and its installed. When i try to install iTunes it gets to the very end and some error screen comes up and then it says rolling back action and fails to install. got any other ways i can fix my problem???

Wow, I cannot thank you enough. After hours, and I mean at least 8 hours combined over the course of 3 days, found your fix and now everything works properly. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! Not sure why this isnt in every forum out there on how to fix this stupid probelm that Apple should fix ASAP.

Thank you, I have done all you suggest and more than once. I am literally doing a cloud and hardware back up of my files and going to factory reset my pc and start all over again ? Thank you for your support.

Your fix worked flawlessly in order to get Apple Mobile Devices on my computer, but as I open Itunes it says that i Have 32-bit version, and that i need 64-bit version. I have, however, installed the correct version for my computer, which is 64. When I installed Itunes it said there was an error, and so it rolled back, but Itunes, nevertheless, ended up on my computer, and in working order-other than the fact that it thinks it is the 32-bit version- and now I have no clue how to go about fixing this. I was wondering if you, because you seem to be incredibly more erudite and educated than those who I have previously contacted for support, could help me personally with my problem through email or something of the sort. my situation is becoming an incredible irritation to me, and I would be ecstatic if you could aid me in resolving it.

Worked great after learning from the instructions needed a little more info on how to extract the file apple mobile device, i tried to extract it to the directory but it would not let me. I just extracted to my desktop and moved the file in the apple directory and it worked.
I have saved this site to my favorits and will come back to donate later.
Thanks !
Chuck

d3342ee215