Chennai marooned

Senthilkumar Gopal

Dec 2, 2015, 10:12:32 PM12/2/15
to alu_m...@googlegroups.com
Friends,

The situation is grim what with chennai witnessing heaviest rainfall of this century causing severe
disruption to our lives here. Power supply is suspended,telephone network is down making us immovable
and remain not contactable even for any assistance. Fortunately , I managed to save power with the
inverter and charged my laptop and up with intermittent connectivity via the datacard. I am not able to
make outgoing calls and receiving any calls either. Somehow managed to send communication to our
clients and to my management.

Siva, Prahal, Murali, Baks - Hope you are safe with your family. Do write to this group as soon as you
can. Worried about people living near Velacherry (Prahal) , Saidapet ( Baks ) as even the Saidapet
bridge in the mount road is overflowing with water. Fortunately waterlogging outside my apartment is
only upto knee level and I could come out of my house today.

Chennai known for its hot and humid weather making headlines this time for the incessant rains. Hoping
and praying for the safety of friends and families here.

Regards,
Senthil

Get your own FREE website, FREE domain & FREE mobile app with Company email.
Know More >

Somasundaram Sundaram

Dec 2, 2015, 10:51:19 PM12/2/15
to alu_m...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your e-mail da and hoping that all of them are safe.

Similar disaster happened here in my state in 2013 but the recovery efforts were excellent from federal to state governments.

How the Indian governments (central / sate) are handling the recovery efforts da?

Somu

Senthilkumar Gopal

Dec 2, 2015, 11:44:26 PM12/2/15
to alu_m...@googlegroups.com
Somu,

It is not going to be easy for the state and central governments here. The roads are waterlogged making
road traffic difficult, trains are cancelled due to overflowing water on the tracks and even airport is
shutdown until 6th Dec. The central government relief team is trying to reach chennai via sea route.

The blame game has already started and people making politics out of it. Do you remember a scene in
Ramanaa film where the government authorities pass the blame to each other for a disastrous situation ?
Captain vijayakanth would get frustrated , lock the door with the leg of a wooden chair and ripping
them apart with that wooden stick. Just remembering that here..

The greed for minting money and aiming for urbanization without proper planning has dented a severe
blow. Rain water is meant to be preserved and rainy season actually should bring cheer to the people.
It's a pity that it is a disastrous here. 5 months from now, I am sure people will be on the roads
blocking road traffic , demanding the government to provide adequate water supply to their homes.

Regards,
Senthil

On Thu, 03 Dec 2015 09:21:20 +0530 Somasundaram Sundaram wrote

On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 8:12 PM, Senthilkumar Gopal wrote:
[...]

krishnan.gowthaman

Dec 2, 2015, 11:55:53 PM12/2/15
to Senthilkumar Gopal, alu_mca_kit

Take care and be in safe place. Hope the nature will excuse the Chennai people.

With prayers.
Gowthaman

Sent from my Mi phone

A John David

Dec 2, 2015, 11:57:22 PM12/2/15
to alu_m...@googlegroups.com
Dear Chennai/Tamil Nadu Friends,

   Hope all are safe. It is disturbing very much. Chennai is floating. Take necessary precautions. (especially drinking water of children).

Regards all my friends,

(A.J.David).

Asmath Hussain

Dec 3, 2015, 4:04:31 AM12/3/15
to alu_m...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys I lost my contact details of all friends can you all share the numbers

Regards
Asmath
+919566890115
Sent from my iPhone

Asmath Hussain

Dec 3, 2015, 4:06:56 AM12/3/15
to alu_m...@googlegroups.com
Our prayers are there for all the chennai & flood hit Area people. Let us show our courage to come out of this disaster.

Regards,
Asmath
Sent from my iPhone

b4brama

Dec 3, 2015, 8:45:09 AM12/3/15
to alu_m...@googlegroups.com
Senthil and all.

Glad you all are safe.

You are right, politics is increasingly affecting people more than the nature does.

I see lots of people helping each other, opening their heart , door and kitchen for the needy people.

As rain slows down, I'll am sure Chennai will recover. I'll be happy if people assume responsibilities and plan for the future of chennai and not blinded by the political gimmicks and free giveaways.

I am with Senthil's predictions, hope it doesn't happen.

As Ever
Rams

It is not going to be easy for the state and central governments here. The roads are waterlogged making
road traffic difficult, trains are cancelled due to overflowing water on the tracks and even airport is
shutdown until 6th Dec. The central government relief team is trying to reach chennai via sea route.

The blame game has already started and people making politics out of it. Do you remember a scene in
Ramanaa film where the government authorities pass the blame to each other for a disastrous situation ?
Captain vijayakanth would get frustrated , lock the door with the leg of a wooden chair and ripping
them apart with that wooden stick. Just remembering that here..

The greed for minting money and aiming for urbanization without proper planning has dented a severe
blow. Rain water is meant to be preserved and rainy season actually should bring cheer to the people.
It's a pity that it is a disastrous here. 5 months from now, I am sure people will be on the roads
blocking road traffic , demanding the government to provide adequate water supply to their homes.

Regards,
Senthil

On Thu, 03 Dec 2015 09:21:20 +0530 Somasundaram Sundaram wrote

>Thanks for your e-mail da and hoping that all of them are safe.
Similar disaster happened here in my state in 2013 but the recovery efforts were excellent from federal
to state governments.
How the Indian governments (central / sate) are handling the recovery efforts da?
Somu

On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 8:12 PM, Senthilkumar Gopal wrote:
Friends,

The situation is grim what with chennai witnessing heaviest rainfall of this century causing severe

disruption to our lives here. Power supply is suspended,telephone network is down making us immovable

and remain not contactable even for any assistance. Fortunately , I managed to save power with the

inverter and charged my laptop and up with intermittent connectivity via the datacard. I am not able to

make outgoing calls and receiving any calls either. Somehow managed to send communication to our

clients and to my management.

Siva, Prahal, Murali, Baks - Hope you are safe with your family. Do write to this group as soon as you

can. Worried about people living near Velacherry (Prahal) , Saidapet ( Baks ) as even the Saidapet

bridge in the mount road is overflowing with water. Fortunately waterlogging outside my apartment is

only upto knee level and I could come out of my house today.

Chennai known for its hot and humid weather making headlines this time for the incessant rains. Hoping

and praying for the safety of friends and families here.

Regards,

Senthil

Krishnan Gowthaman

Dec 3, 2015, 11:26:54 AM12/3/15
to alu_mca_kit

Dai Asmsth,
How you can maintain the same built-up after 23 years too? Machan I got lot of tears da, keep up more buildings, flyovers across the world da...

Nanbanda
Gowthaman

Lakshmanan Venugopalan

Dec 3, 2015, 10:23:40 PM12/3/15
to ALU alumini
Thanks for the update Senthil. Good to know friends and families are safe.

Looking at any disaster or communal events, politicians are sure to exploit to grab power. Only the next young generation should be taught to be vocal against these leaders who dont think long term benefit.

Be safe and take care.

regards
Lakshman