Dr. A.P.J.Abdul Kalam.

A John David

Jul 28, 2015, 2:05:57 AM7/28/15
to alu_m...@googlegroups.com
Dr. Abdul Kalam- A wonderful human being.

1. Born in a humble Muslim family who were striving for their daily bread and working hard to make ends meet.

2. During the school days, a Bhramin teacher encouraged Dr. Kalam and asked him to sit the front row in his primary school life.

3. Dr. Kalam has proved that only knowledge can place a man above board.(Above any segment including region).

4. In the year 1980, he was invited by the Govt. of India for awarding Padma Bhusan award for his contribution as a Scientist. He did not have blazer/coat and shoe. He had to mortgage the gold ornaments of his elder sister to buy decent dresses(Blazers) and a pair of shoe.

5. As the president of India he was handing over the awards to the high profile personnel. One army officer who lost his legs on his duty could not walk up to Dr. Kalam to receive the award. Without any second thought Dr. Kalam walked upto the officer to hand-over the award. Everyone in the function was shocked and surprised for this unconventional gesture.

6. Once he was asked by actor Vivek that which is the most important and unforgetable day for you in your life. He said "Once I and my co-scientists(two) had completed the project of launching a rocket. Next day early morning Launching Time. Prior night we had dinner and before going for sleep, we started our daily prayer. In one small single room the three scientist were praying in three different corners. I was  praying the God Allah with Quran in my hand and another scientist was praying God Jesus with Bible in his hand and the third one(Sikh) was praying Gurunanak with Sikh holy book in his hand". That was the most important day for his life.

7. When Mr. Deva Gowda resigned as the Prime Minister of India, he had a secret file which contained all the vital scientific and confidential army information which was to be handover to the then next Prime Minister (Mr.Vajpai). The secret file was handed over to Dr. Abul Kalam during the gap and when Mr. Vajpai became PM, the file was given to him by Dr. Kalam, the then Principle Scientific Advisor. Reportedly Foreign countries including Pakistan tried their worst to leak the information but in vain.

8. When his name was pronounced for the President of India, every one was taken aback by his quote from Bahawat Gita, not from Quran. "Whatever has happened remained good, whatever now happening also remains good and whatever will happen in future also will remain good".
9. Dr. Kalam said "Small aim is a crime". "Have Dream not in sound sleep, have Dream which does not allow you to sleep". It was Dr. Kalam declared "Mission 2020 for India".

10. Dr. Kalam was invited to address in Greece Parliament. He advocated for unity of the world quoting the song of Tamil Poet Kaliyan Poongundranaar - "Yaadum Ure, Yaawarum Kelir".(Not Keleer).

11.During the oath functioning of the President of India Dr.Kalam invited his 35 family members from Rameshwaram and arranged their stay and local visits with his own pocket money.

 12. A reporter asked him whether he finds time to take rest. He said When I do works happily I feel taking rest. Whenever I speak to prominent personalities I feel taking rest.

13. Dr. Kalam encouraged the youth of India to be in the right track which is the toughest task. Because as a parent, I am not able to bring my own children in right track.

14. Let us pay homage to Dr. Kalam.

Regards,

(A.John David).