Next Week: Shabbat Morning Services @ 10 AM

1 view

Altshul

Dec 5, 2019, 10:17:42 PM12/5/19
to Altshul
TL;DR: Lots of community love this week! see bottom of email :)
Upcoming at Altshul
  • Dec 14: Shabbat Morning Services, 10 AM
    • Intergenerational Beit Midrash meets
  • January 10-11: Shabbaton with R' Aviva Richman: The Audacity of Prayer
Altshul regularly meets at Beth Elohim in the chapel at 10:00am for Shabbat morning servicesLocation is CBE, 274 Garfield Place. Kindershul starts at the beginning of the Torah service. View the extended Altshul Minyan calendar.

Shabbat Info
  • Shabbat starts at 4:11 pm Friday evening
  • Shabbat ends at 5:13 pm on Saturday night
  • Parsha: Vayetze
    • Highlights
      • Jacob has a dream. Jacob arrives at Laban's and gets married. Then he gets married again. Jacob leaves 20 years later with animals, sister wives, and some kids.

Altshul Announcements.
  • Save the date! Winter Shabbaton on The Audacity of Prayer
    Altshul's Winter Shabbaton with Rabbi Aviva Richman, January 10 - 11, and will include Friday night davenning and dinner with learning, as well as Saturday morning services, followed by lunch and more learning with our visiting scholar.

  • The Intergenerational Beit-Midrash is back!
  • Larry Magarik will be teaching five sessions on Darchei Tefilah. Expect hevruta and shuir focusing on the meaning (rather than mechanics) of prayer. These learning sessions, accompanied by a light pot-luck lunch, will be held at community member homes after Kiddush on Dec. 14, Jan. 25, March 14, April 25, and May 9.
    Serious learners of all ages are welcome. Generally 10-years old and up has been most successful. Please email miriam...@hotmail.com if you are interested in joining this warm, intelligent, and tasty study community.

  • Get involved with Altshul!
    To join the team of greeters at Altshul services, email logi...@altshul.org.
    To sign up to give a drash about the weekly Torah portion during services, email scoop...@yahoo.com.
    To join the lifecycle team and help Altshulers in need of support, email life...@altshul.org.
    To join the parents list-serv, email ki...@altshul.org.
    Have a question or concern?  Contact the Altshul Leadership Team by emailing in...@altshul.org.

Community Announcements
  • FREE Parlor-floor-through Brownstone Apartment for TWO WEEKS
    Family or friends want to visit you over Hannuchristmasnewyears and don't want to pay for lodging or crash on your couch? Host them FOR FREE in our kosher 2-bedroom parlor-floor-through in a corner brownstone near CBE, Prospect Park and the North Slope subway stops! We'll be away Sun 12/22- Sun 1/5. Preference to those who want the whole fortnight, but we're open to shorter stays. The catch: must love dogs. Fortunately, our Rosie is especially easy to love! And if you need help, our dog-walker is just a phone call away and takes Venmo. Interested? Contact fred....@gmail.com

  • Hadar National Shabbaton
    Join Hadar for our second ever National Shabbaton, which will take place at the Hilton Stamford January 31-February 2. We would love to have a strong core of people like you, who are living out our mission on a day to day basis.
    We look forward to creating a space where you can connect with other people who are davening and building community as an independent minyan.
    If you have any questions, please be in touch with my colleagues, Becca and Tali, who are spearheading the Shabbaton, at national...@hadar.org.
Join and post your own community announcements on the  Brownstone Brooklyn Jewish Community Discussion Group on Facebook. Like our Altshul Facebook Page.