Virtual Pre-Shabbat Services this week

Altshul

Mar 19, 2020, 2:39:16 PM3/19/20
to Altshul
TL;DR: zoom services this week!

Upcoming at Altshul
  • This Friday, please join us for a virtual gathering as we welcome Shabbat.
    Time: 6 - 6:30 PM
    The link is here and everyone is welcome to join:  https://us04web.zoom.us/j/267079972

Shabbat Info
  • Shabbat starts at 6:58 pm Friday evening
  • Shabbat ends at 7:58 pm on Saturday night
  • Parsha: Vayakhel-Pekudei
    • Highlights: The Israelites are given the gift/commandment of observing shabbat!

Altshul Announcements.
  • Kabbalat Shabbat: Adir Yolkut and Lauren Binder
    Drash: Sharon Jacker.  Sharon is learning daf yomi and she'll speak about its correlation to our current moment.
    (Due to the off-rhythm nature of video conferencing which can make communal singing a challenge, we may opt to feature only the speaker/leader's voice.)
    Thank you to Adir, Lauren, and Sharon for lending your skills!

  • Beit Midrash
    Our Beit Midrash with Larry Magarik will recommence online. We'll have dates and times available next week. In the meantime, visit Altshul's learning page to view Larry's source sheets.

  • Supporting our Community and Each Other
    If you have suggestions for community engagement or ideas for neighborly support, we would love to hear from you. Please share them with us at leade...@altshul.org.

Community Announcements:
  • B'nei Mitzvah Tutoring
    If you are available for b'nei mitzvah tutoring and would like your name included on a community list to be accessed by the Park Slope/Prospect Heights/Crown Heights communities, please fill out this form
    .  We will put together a list to share with families in the Luria, PHS, CKI, Altshul communities.  Tutors will set their own rates and make arrangements directly with families.