Cancellation this Shabbat | Opportunities for future community engagement

Altshul

Mar 12, 2020, 4:26:07 PM3/12/20
to Altshul
To our dear Altshul community,

We have made the sad decision to cancel shul this Shabbat and possibly for a number of weeks ahead. Our strength and very existence depends on coming together for tefilah, torah learning, and social gatherings, and as such this is a very tough decision.

That said, our community persists even when we're in separate spaces. In the weeks ahead, the Altshul website will launch a new LEARNING page with source materials from community teachers like Larry Magarik, who leads our Beit Midrash, as well as divrei torah from community members. If you would like to be involved in this project, please email lonniefirestone (at) gmail and ariclevine (at) gmail. We hope it will be an opportunity to stay connected to Torah study and engaging discussions.

Additionally, we're aiming to have a Zoom kabalat shabbat and drash tomorrow evening at 6PM (candle lighting is at 6:43 PM). Pop in and out at your convenience. The idea is to have a place to virtually connect with our community as we welcome Shabbat. We will follow up tomorrow on those details.

These are uncertain times, but we are here for each other. And to end on an uplifting note, Mazel Tov to community members Jonathan and Jordana Schmidt-Swartz on the arrival of their baby boy, Jack Irving/Chaim Yitzchak.

Shabbat shalom,
Altshul's Leadership Team