UltraDMA CRC Error Count SMART status is high on a system with two (2) SATA-disks

devnullius @ googlewave.com

Nov 13, 2009, 12:47:41 PM11/13/09
to group for alt.os.windows 2003, 2008, x64 & Vista OS's @ your service
UltraDMA CRC Error Count SMART status is high.

FROM: http://forums.storagereview.net/index.php?showtopic=27870

Nov 1 2009, 01:28 AM
Post #2
Member

Group: Member
Joined: 23-April 03
Member No.: 13,675

Cabling, very rarely chipsets.

I have noticed that most chipsets support only a single drive for
proper operations. Yeah, sad but true. Never mind that motherboards
come with 8 PATA ports, 20 ZATA ports, 50 fsck-knows-what ports for a
100 drive storage solution. Only 1 works. Rest is bullshit. If you are
plugging more than one drive, you surely would encounter problems some
day.

Your UltraATA CRC count is high. Have that drive zero-filled before
anything and recheck SMART values. If no increase in SMART, welcome to
the world of single drive motherboards.

(End Quote).

Most important lesson: only one SATA disk per system. WTF? That could
explain some systems I've encountered... :/

Sigh ; )

Peace,

Devvie

~~~ devnu...@googlewave.com ~~~

Cuisvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore
persevare
------
All spelling mistakes are my own and may only be distributed under the
GNU General Public License! - (� 1995-1 by Coredump; 2002-9 by
DevNullius)