windows 7 troubleshoot wmiprvse cpu problem

devnullius @ googlewave.com

Aug 26, 2011, 3:40:29 PM8/26/11
to altoswin...@googlegroups.com
An unknown process made my computer sloooow.

Typically, WMiPrvse would consume about 20% CPU time (on both cores). It would typically range up and down from 0% to 15% 20% 25% 35%.

I think I solved the problem, but not 100% sure what did it (either "prio" or  Netbalancer).

While investigating I suspected some hardware interrupts which caused it. Disabling all logical hardware devices did not solve it.

I have an HP DX2200, and many pages point to HP's wireless monitor for this problem. Which I do not have installed....

More info to help you troubleshoot your problems...

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=24045 (only works with Internet Explorer 9 (ActiveX!)

Peace!

Devvie

~~~ note...@facebook.com ~~~

Cuisvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore persevare
——
All spelling mistakes are my own and may only be distributed under the GNU General Public License! – (© 95-1 by Coredump; 2-011 by DevNullius)

devnullius @ googlewave.com

Aug 28, 2011, 4:56:49 PM8/28/11
to altoswin...@googlegroups.com
Also, I was testing anti-arp pollution software. While cleaning up all sheit (how I did it exactly, I still don't know ;p), I also removed all arp-tools.

So if you are messing with the cycling CPU spikes (to a max of 25% a 30% a 35%), and have anti-arp pollution stuff installed... Remove it!

(How? See next post!)

devnullius @ googlewave.com

Aug 28, 2011, 5:43:12 PM8/28/11
to altoswin...@googlegroups.com
Still, I think, the best way to troubleshoot nasty processes AND the best tool to manage autostart entries on windows systems...

Free Giveaway version, follow this link: http://www.zumodrive.com/share/efrKNTMxZG (anwil taskmanager full version - exclusive by dotTech.org - taskman.7z).

This is a repost of this program link in this group. All old Google Groups files for altoswindows-2k3 are now found here: http://www.zumodrive.com/share/efpSMmExMj

Message has been deleted