June Meetup - What do you wish you'd learned in college about writing good code? w/Jeff Tucker

Michael Ibarra

Jun 21, 2013, 2:39:07 PM6/21/13
to seattle-software-...@meetup.com, altnet...@googlegroups.com, altd...@yahoogroups.com
Hey Everyone!

Next week, join us for June's Seattle Software Craftsmanship meetup at Getty Images' Seattle office!
This month, the one and only Jeff Tucker asks "What do you wish you'd learned in college about writing good code?". In his own words...

"What is the most important thing about software engineering for students to learn? Is it the SOLID principles? Unit testing? Agile principles and practices? What do you wish you had learned in college about software engineering and writing good code?

I will start with a brief overview of what I currently teach about software engineering and a bit about what students do at DigiPen. I will then open up discussion to the entire group and facilitate a conversation about software engineering and how it is (or maybe should be) taught at the college level."

We will also be giving away two more 1-month subscriptions to Pluralsight training.

Please RSVP at http://meetu.ps/1DJ3zg, help spread the word, then join us for pizza, drinks and geeky chatter.

Hope to see you then,

The Seattle SWC Team