QCon

Paul McCallick

Oct 31, 2010, 11:25:30 PM10/31/10
to altnet...@googlegroups.com
Is anyone else going to QCon?

--
--Paul

Shawn Neal

Nov 1, 2010, 11:01:42 AM11/1/10
to altnet...@googlegroups.com
I am. I've never been before, so I'm looking forward to it.

-Shawn

Adron Hall

Nov 1, 2010, 11:52:00 AM11/1/10
to altnet...@googlegroups.com
I wish I were.  I've heard some really great things about it, and considering what has come out of the con in the past it looks like one of the best ones - hands down.

Adron

Robert Ream

Nov 1, 2010, 1:54:53 PM11/1/10
to altnet...@googlegroups.com
I'm at QCon right now, Dan North's Agile Architecture Tutorial, actually.

Paul McCallick

Nov 6, 2010, 4:59:25 PM11/6/10
to altnet...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, it was a good conference.

There were lots of topics, but is seemed like one of the big ones was continuous delivery.  That is the ability to roll out every code change straight to production.  Cool stuff.
--Paul

Eric Ridgeway

Nov 6, 2010, 5:10:40 PM11/6/10
to altnet...@googlegroups.com

I plan on going next year with my schedule permitting

>> .
>> > For more options, visit this group at
>> http://groups.google.com/group/altnetseattle?hl=en.
>> >

>> > --
>> http://groups.google.com/group/altnetseattle?hl=en.
>> >

>> > --
>> > Adron B Hall
>> >

>> > Tech: http://compositecode.com
>> > Transit: http://transitsleuth.com
>> > Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/adronbh
>> >

>> > --
>> http://groups.google.com/group/altnetseattle?hl=en.
>> >

>> --
>>

> --
> --Paul

Michael Ibarra

Nov 6, 2010, 5:36:26 PM11/6/10
to altnet...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul,

I'm reading a great book right now on that very topic. I highly recommend it. It's called Continuous Delivery by David Farley and Jez Humble. I'm campaigning to move our team to that model.

Good stuff!

Mike Ibarra
********************************
Michael Ibarra
bm2...@gmail.com

Aeden Jameson

Nov 6, 2010, 6:05:59 PM11/6/10
to altnet...@googlegroups.com
How far are you Michael? My copy is on its way. Maybe we could start
a book club.

Cheers,
Aeden

--
Cheers,
Aeden

Blog : http://aedenjameson.blogspot.com/
Tweet It: http://www.twitter.com/daliful
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/aeden.jameson

Erick Thompson

Nov 6, 2010, 6:21:50 PM11/6/10
to altnet...@googlegroups.com
That's actually not a bad idea. I get about 3-5 new books a month, and
once I read them, they just sit on the shelf.

Erick

Paul McCallick

Nov 6, 2010, 5:43:17 PM11/6/10
to altnet...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, that guy presented. He works for thoughtworks who have conveniently just put a bunch of cd features into their ci server.

Glenn Block

Nov 21, 2010, 9:59:51 PM11/21/10
to altnet...@googlegroups.com
I may be attending QCon in London.