ALT.NET Meetup - Call for Session Proposals!

Shay Friedman

Nov 15, 2022, 8:14:55 AM11/15/22
to altnet...@googlegroups.com
Hiiiii!

So... we have a venue and a date! Kulululullululululululu!

Date: Tuesday, 27/12, 18:30 - 21:00
Venue: Lumen HQ, "Migdalei Haarbaa", 30 HaArba'a St., Floor 10, Tel Aviv
Thanks to Ariel Ben Horesh for helping out with the venue!

Now all we need is content! :)
So... please reply to this thread with your session proposals. Please include a title and a 1-2 paragraph abstract.
Please send your proposals until Sunday, 20/11, 10:00am. An hour or two after we will open the session voting.

Toda!
Shay.
--------------------------------
Shay Friedman
Head of Engineering, Canopy

Shay Friedman

Nov 15, 2022, 8:18:36 AM11/15/22
to altnet...@googlegroups.com
One important thing about the sessions I forgot to mention - they're going to be 30 minute long. Please prepare accordingly.

Shay Friedman

Nov 18, 2022, 10:09:38 AM11/18/22
to altnet...@googlegroups.com
Reminder!

Roy Osherove

Nov 18, 2022, 10:13:58 AM11/18/22
to altnet...@googlegroups.com
Web3 intro for devs by Roy osherove
We’ll talk about what’s different, what’s cool and what still needs work in web3 dev workflows.  We’ll also talk a bit about solidity!

Thanks,

Roy Osherove

   - @RoyOsherove
   - Author of "The Art Of Unit Testing"http://ArtOfUnitTesting.com )
   - My blog for team leaders: http://5Whys.com
   - My favorite keyboard shortcuts: http://key.bo
   - +972-524-655388 (GMT+2)

bar levy

Nov 20, 2022, 2:44:40 AM11/20/22
to altnetisrael
K8S sidecar-based message queues by Bar Levy

Robust communication between microservices in a heavy-load environment is hard to achieve. Doing that with microservices implemented in different languages is even harder.
In this session, I’ll present a generic architecture, based on message queues and sidecars. This approach enables the development of such robust communication infrastructure, with little additional effort for supporting multiple programming languages.

ArielBH

Nov 20, 2022, 6:53:12 AM11/20/22
to altnetisrael
Flutter: Zero to Hero in 30min.
Flutter is no longer the new cool kids in the bloc(k). It is industry leading framework, expanding over more and more platforms.
Did it pass by you so far? Do you want to understand what everyone is talking about, and even be able to develop an app all by yourself?
In 30min zero to hero session we will do just that.

Ygal Bellaiche

Nov 20, 2022, 7:35:28 AM11/20/22
to altnet...@googlegroups.com
Orleans and actor models in real life at Gigya

Shay Friedman

Nov 20, 2022, 12:36:20 PM11/20/22
to altnet...@googlegroups.com
Any last session proposals? I’ll be publishing the session vote tomorrow morning so there’s time till then.

Alberto Bar Noy

Nov 21, 2022, 6:30:38 AM11/21/22
to altnetisrael
Last minute entry! A developer of mine wants to tell about adding tests to legacy (a.k.a ball of yarn with spaghetti code with 0 unit tests) monoliths with BDT, Gherkin and Specflow. Her Name is Irena Shochat